Essential Oil Uses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essential Oil Uses

Introducing essential oils into your lifestyle can be quite easy, fun, and therapeutically beneficial. Below are a few ways in which you can get started. These methods are intended as guidelines only, and you do need to pay special attention to all safety pre cautions applicable for each oil that you choose. It is also important to remember that essential oils are flammable.

Easy Inhalation

Place 3-4 drops of essential oil on a tissue. Place the tissue near your nose and inhale. When trying an oil for the first time, use only one drop to ensure that you do not have a sensitivity or reaction to the oil.

Steam Inhalation

Boil 2 cups of water. Pour the water into a bowl and add 3-7 drops of oil to the water. Use fewer drops if you are using an oil that may cause irritation to your mucous membranes (i.e. cinnamon, eucalyptus, rosemary, pine, thyme, cajuput, etc.). Place your nose about 12" away from the bowl and inhale. Don't inhale the steam constantly and if you notice any irritation or discomfort, stop immediately. Steam inhalation can help with colds and influenza. Use of energizing or relaxing oils can also make this method useful any time of day or night.

Room Freshening

Use the steam inhalation method noted above but don't directly inhale into the bowl. Use up to 10 drops of oil. Use fewer drops if you are using an oil that may cause sensitization. Other methods including use of an aromatherapy diffuser or lamp scent ring available through many aromatherapy companies.

General Household Freshening

Add a few drops of oil to your trash can, laundry wash, drain, vacuum bag filter, or on a tissue for placement in your drawers.

Insect Repellent

Many essential oils including citronella, lavender, and peppermint act as a natural repellent against insects. Sprinkle a few drops of essential oil onto tissues or cotton balls and place near your doorways and windows to help repel insects. Be sure to read all safety data on the oils you use as some oils may not be suitable for use around pets. Be careful not to apply the essential oil directly onto fragile surfaces.

Aromatherapy Massage

Add up to 20 drops of essential oil to 1 ounce carrier oil such as sweet almond oil and massage onto yourself or partner. Keep away from eyes and genital areas. Do not apply essential oils to the skin without first diluting them. Be sure to also read the safety data for the essential oils you choose to use.

Bath

Add 5-7 drops essential oil to 1 ounce carrier oil. Add this blend to your running bath water and mix well before getting into the tub. Be sure to read the safety data for the essential oils you choose to use.

Other Uses

Essential oils can be used in making homemade lotions, facial toners, shampoos, perfumes, soaps, shower gels, and other natural products. Additionally, essential oils are often blended for their therapeutic synergistic abilities. The Recipes area includes many recipes and synergies.
    Essential Oils

There are many ways in which essential oils can be used in daily grooming, which has the added benefit of the therapeutic properties of the essential oils.
    Check Health Forum and I advise Provestra reviews , Provacyl review and Moreniche reviews . And hosting forum.

Comment

I've bought essential oils from L'Occitane and Neal's Yard Remedies and both SAs told me to dilute in massage oil before applying to skin. I either squish a few drops into the tub to lay in or put some in a candle burner.
      GenF20 Plus Reviews
      Buy GenF20 Plus
      Buy HGH

Comment

The essential oils that I brought from Neal's Yard Remedies and L'Occitane are very good. SAs told me to mix it in massage oil and then apply on skin. I can also put some drop in the tub and in candle burner.
        Becoming great parents | Landmark Forum | Calgary video marketing

Comment

I've purchased essential oils from L'Occitane and Neal's Yard Remedies and both sales agents told me to dilute this in massage oil before applying to skin. I love to drop a little in the hath tub or put some in a candle burner.
          Mesothelioma Lawyer Miami Beach | HCG Online | Mesothelioma Lawyer Wenatchee WA

Comment

Essential oils can be used in many ways for daily grooming. We can mix it with any massage oil and apply to skin. Few drops of this oil can be used in bathing water.
            Last edited by samuelcarlin; 07-25-2012, 04:12 AM.
            My HCG | flea prevention for dogs | best tick prevention for dogs

Comment

The thing called as the essential oils will be useful for the grooming aspect of our lives and it will be a good thing to make sure that you try some tips in here now.
              water and food | Landmark Forum | The Raspberry Ketone Diet

Comment

In our daily life you can use these essential oils in various ways and reap benefits from it. It can be used for therapeutic purposes as well.
                long term home care

Comment

Besides aromatherapy, essential plant oils and liquids are also good for body massages. When you purchase oils from L'Occitane and Neal's Yard, you should first dilute them in massage oil before applying onto skin. This is great and refreshing during bath tub showers.
                  careers at USC university hospital | Landmark Forum | Mesothelioma Lawyer Fresno

Comment

Essential oils from Neal’s Yard Remedies and L’Occitane are impressive. There are a lot of things I can do with it. According to SAs, I can mix it with massage oil to put on my skin. Moreover, I can use it in a candle burner or put drops in the tub.
                    Iowas Chamber of Commerce

Comment

I bought essential oils L'Occitane and Neal's Yard remedies and two SAS told me in a massage oil dilution, and then apply the skin. I am not squash a few drops into the bath, lying, or some candles burning.
                      beyerdynamic Heilbronn | upholstery cleaning ny

Comment

In our daily life you can use these essential oils in various ways and reap benefits from it. It can be used for therapeutic purposes as well.
                        Beauty Tips | Pradaxa Lawsuit Delaware

Comment

The essential oils that I brought from Neal's Yard Remedies and L'Occitane are very good. SAs told me to mix it in massage oil and then apply on skin. I can also put some drop in the tub and in candle burner.
                          hola

Comment

Different ways to use essential oils
                            There are many ways in which essential oils can be used in daily grooming, which has the added benefit of the therapeutic properties of the essential oils.
                            1. Air freshening
                            2. Bathing
                            3. Compresses
                            4. In facial creams and body lotions
                            5. Floral waters
                            6. Foot and hand baths
                            7. Hair care
                            8. Jacuzzis
                            9. Massage
                            10. Saunas
                            11. Showers
                            12. Sitz bath
                            13. Steam inhalations
                            14. Vaporization / diffusing
                            Wastewater Pump from "Ruhrpumpen.com" for industrial and other applications

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                            1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                            Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                            Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                            Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                            2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                            http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                            http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                            See more
                            See less
                            Working...
                            X