Unlimited hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited hosting

Okey, many of you guys have asked me about unlimited hosting, so I decided to write a post of it. You’ve just discovered hosting, that offers unlimited hd size and bandwidth. They seem to have very professional website and everything looks fine. You just click on the button purchase as you think you can earn much more money by reselling their service. Yes, this is what many teenagers go with. I see those posts on many web hosting and domain related forums daily. They offer for their customers either unlimited or very much of resources.

Just my warning for you. Any company that offers unlimited hosting can’t stay reliable. This makes impossible dilemma, which can’t be true. To offer unlimited hosting they should keep their prices very up. Unlimited doesn’t exist. Many hosts do offer unmetered, which is safe for you. If you have a dedicated server with unmetered connection, do not hesitate. This article does not talk about that. My point is that unlimited hosting has been offered by many hosts with low prices. Many hosts just say: ”Unlimited hosting for 80$ lifetime”. Shoutserv is one of them.

Those hosts can be in the start reliable as they don’t have much of customers. They can run their services and as the one time payment is big, they can manage their servers fine in the beginning. They can pay for new servers and grow their website. But there will be downhill after a while. As their customer number is increasing and they will start use more and more resources, they will have a problem. As they market their web hosting as ”unlimited”, they will definetely get customers that use a lot of resources. Even one customer could be enough to use one server resources. In this place they will have hard situation. As they will have to get more servers, the winnings will go to the server bills and even more.

I think you guys understand why it can’t be this way. The webhost can’t pay from it’s pocket the bills, so it will start to delete accounts without reason. By suspending the customers that really uses resources they can keep to continue the web hosting. This is where there starts very bad customer support. Tickets start not to be answered etc. As the host can be onetime payment, they don’t really care if the customers stay with them. It’s better for them, if you leave. By a lot of customers and much of resources been used they will also have to cause you a lot of downtime. This is why unlimited hosting can never work. Because for every megabyte you use they will have to pay. By offering unlimited for you they will have to rely on the fact that you won’t use all the resources.

Okey, now we have talked a lot in theory. Ill tell you this with real example. There was a host named.. lets call it the ”X-Host”. X-Host was offering unlimited hosting with only 24.99$ in month. Of course proxies and adult were allowed. My friend signed up with their, yes I did warn him, but he did not care. His webhosting started fine. It was WHM reseller account and he was reselling the resources. He ended up having like 20 customers, who did pay for him like 100$ or something. He earned 4 times more per month that he paid. A week after the webhost was down. He tried to contact them, but they did not have a phone contact. The website was also down. His clients wanted refund, what he could not offer because he didn’t have the money. Okey, now he was in problem. The webhost came up after 3 days of offline. When he asked why they were offline he got just the anwer: ”We are sorry for the downtime, but we can’t really do much for you”. In their TOS there was a point that said: ”If our uptime is below 99.8% we shall refund the client on his own will”. Well, guess what then happened. He did not get refund even when he asked. A week after that he was deleted because of illegal files, which nor he neither his clients had. When he asked the reason or the site that broke their TOS, they answered ”It’s not our responsibility to answer this question.. blaa blaa.. Looking forward - - X-Host”.

Okey, this is why I warn you about unlimited hosting. They are mostly runned by teenagers that have just got enough money to purchase a brand new Xeon server. They think that they can do anything without taking responsibility. This time the teenager or what ever ran that host won. My friend had to pay back his almost 20 clients their money back and to lose his own money. Not much, but I did warn him.

Anybody who really does understand about webhosting, would not offer unlimited hosting as it can never be offered with a professional way. If it could, why would not every big website use their company? Because it’s just illusion and lies. So much resources can’t be offered never.

(Posted originally on my blog, but I think you could use it.)

Originally posted by Noner
    Okey, many of you guys have asked me about unlimited hosting, so I decided to write a post of it. You’ve just discovered hosting, that offers unlimited hd size and bandwidth. They seem to have very professional website and everything looks fine. You just click on the button purchase as you think you can earn much more money by reselling their service. Yes, this is what many teenagers go with. I see those posts on many web hosting and domain related forums daily. They offer for their customers either unlimited or very much of resources.

Just my warning for you. Any company that offers unlimited hosting can’t stay reliable. This makes impossible dilemma, which can’t be true. To offer unlimited hosting they should keep their prices very up. Unlimited doesn’t exist. Many hosts do offer unmetered, which is safe for you. If you have a dedicated server with unmetered connection, do not hesitate. This article does not talk about that. My point is that unlimited hosting has been offered by many hosts with low prices. Many hosts just say: ”Unlimited hosting for 80$ lifetime”. Shoutserv is one of them.

Those hosts can be in the start reliable as they don’t have much of customers. They can run their services and as the one time payment is big, they can manage their servers fine in the beginning. They can pay for new servers and grow their website. But there will be downhill after a while. As their customer number is increasing and they will start use more and more resources, they will have a problem. As they market their web hosting as ”unlimited”, they will definetely get customers that use a lot of resources. Even one customer could be enough to use one server resources. In this place they will have hard situation. As they will have to get more servers, the winnings will go to the server bills and even more.

I think you guys understand why it can’t be this way. The webhost can’t pay from it’s pocket the bills, so it will start to delete accounts without reason. By suspending the customers that really uses resources they can keep to continue the web hosting. This is where there starts very bad customer support. Tickets start not to be answered etc. As the host can be onetime payment, they don’t really care if the customers stay with them. It’s better for them, if you leave. By a lot of customers and much of resources been used they will also have to cause you a lot of downtime. This is why unlimited hosting can never work. Because for every megabyte you use they will have to pay. By offering unlimited for you they will have to rely on the fact that you won’t use all the resources.

Okey, now we have talked a lot in theory. Ill tell you this with real example. There was a host named.. lets call it the ”X-Host”. X-Host was offering unlimited hosting with only 24.99$ in month. Of course proxies and adult were allowed. My friend signed up with their, yes I did warn him, but he did not care. His webhosting started fine. It was WHM reseller account and he was reselling the resources. He ended up having like 20 customers, who did pay for him like 100$ or something. He earned 4 times more per month that he paid. A week after the webhost was down. He tried to contact them, but they did not have a phone contact. The website was also down. His clients wanted refund, what he could not offer because he didn’t have the money. Okey, now he was in problem. The webhost came up after 3 days of offline. When he asked why they were offline he got just the anwer: ”We are sorry for the downtime, but we can’t really do much for you”. In their TOS there was a point that said: ”If our uptime is below 99.8% we shall refund the client on his own will”. Well, guess what then happened. He did not get refund even when he asked. A week after that he was deleted because of illegal files, which nor he neither his clients had. When he asked the reason or the site that broke their TOS, they answered ”It’s not our responsibility to answer this question.. blaa blaa.. Looking forward - - X-Host”.

Okey, this is why I warn you about unlimited hosting. They are mostly runned by teenagers that have just got enough money to purchase a brand new Xeon server. They think that they can do anything without taking responsibility. This time the teenager or what ever ran that host won. My friend had to pay back his almost 20 clients their money back and to lose his own money. Not much, but I did warn him.

Anybody who really does understand about webhosting, would not offer unlimited hosting as it can never be offered with a professional way. If it could, why would not every big website use their company? Because it’s just illusion and lies. So much resources can’t be offered never.

(Posted originally on my blog, but I think you could use it.)

Web Hosting........!

Browse free web site hosting providers that offer web space, page building tools, email, and other features. Web Site Design and Web Site Hosting Directory. Web Hosting Company - Home ... Hosting Articles Browse the web hosting articles and guides
    D4ce
    Bitslinker
    Fxan
    Zitc

Comment

very true but smart teenagers like me are offering free hosting for forum posts so "users arrive, users stay, adverts pay"

Comment

great effort brother..

this will be really helpful for a lot of ppl.. i liked the details uve provided.. keep them coming..

Comment

Nice article. Sad to say that unlimited hosting is just a marketing ploy to entice their would be customers.
          WOW Gold

Comment

but i hear that server admin can create 20 unlimited account from one server... its also a false...?

Comment

Unlimited Hosting is just not possbile. What if 10 heavily loaded site is hosted in a single machine that supplies unlimited hosting. yes it's possbile to have unlimited hosting in scenario that there are only personal or limited resource consumption sites are hosted Unlimited hosting just attracts people but it's not effective.
              Google Pagerank Checker - Free Web Game - Anonymous Web Proxy - Web Proxy UK - Youtube Working Proxy - Facebook Working Proxy

Comment

Unlimited bandwidth is like unlimited dialup. It only works because nobody actually takes advantage of the unlimited part.
                i don't believe Them , Dreamhost r offering 500GB who'll use this amounts of disk space?

Comment

Many sites are offering unlimited space and unlimited bandwitch. Sometimes there are just corporates who can't sell the hosting packages and are too lagging. So warning! Just look arround on web and forum for hosting before you will buy a package.

Comment

ya Right , I prefer to go with a 2 GB , 70GB of bw for $7 /Months instead of 2TB of bw , coz they'll shut down your site due to the use of the server

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                    1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                    Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                    Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                    Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                    2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                    http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                    http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                    See more
                    See less
                    Working...
                    X