PDA

View Full Version : How to choose a Host. A few simple steps, feel free to add to it.

admans
08-09-2005, 13:16 PM
How to choose a Host. A few simple steps, feel free to add to it.

Here are some simple steps in choosing a host.

1. Do your research here and on the internet to find a host that works for you.

2. Every host has had some problems, but that doesn't make them bad.

3. If you find a host that's too good to be true, it probably is. Just remember this, you get what you pay for.

4. There's no such thing as unlimited bandwidth and storage space, so don't waste your time with hosts that offer this.

5. Once you find a host ask questions to see if they fit your needs, and see how long it takes for them to respond.

6. Go with a host that has a 30 day money back gaurantee.

7. I have nothing agains't one year hosting payments up front, but if you're starting out it's better to pay monthly.

pozzy
08-24-2005, 11:04 AM
Make sure you can contact the host easily. Unresponsive hosts are very annoying.

cman222
08-24-2005, 21:01 PM
Make sure to find a host that is going to still be in business in 6 months!

unknown
08-28-2005, 15:02 PM
its good to find a good host by following al the points above but as i make websites for fun i dont really care until i pay him little. :D

DJScuba
10-05-2005, 18:04 PM
My tip is to just read the reviews of people who have hosted with the company your looking at, no description or feature list can offer you better advice.

motasnack
10-12-2005, 10:59 AM
I suggest to go with the best in experienced hosting company.
They should have a good portfolio of their own and most imp a big helpful community

rozer
12-20-2005, 01:26 AM
make sure about its control panel

etali
01-05-2006, 13:42 PM
I would suggest being careful about buying a domain through a host you have little experience with, in case they try to charge you for changing the domain over if you choose to move to another host in the future.

puzzlebox
01-06-2006, 11:48 AM
i suggest reading the fine print. remember to have backups ready in case they have some problems and your files are accidentally deleted from their servers..

dollarman
01-06-2006, 17:41 PM
Make sure you go to http://www.webhostingtalk.com and use the search feature to get an idea of what people think of the host!

Cheapquality
01-08-2006, 16:09 PM
nice work, its good for newbiies

cphosts
01-12-2006, 02:54 AM
Here are my suggestions on how to find a good web hosting company:
1. Make sure that they have their own nameservers, otherwise it is most likely a reseller account.
2. Make sure that they point to their own servers.
3. See their response times and who gives the responses. If it is one person, it is probably run by just one person.
4. Check if the web hosting company has any good reputation (Most people only look at PageRank, which is not that smart).
5. If they offer Managed Servers, they should offer 24/7 Live Support via Phone, otherwise don't bother wasting time (If your website is down and you create a ticket, who knows when they will read it?)

Well those are all the tips I can offer on finding a good and reputable web hosting company.

Have a nice day!

smub
01-13-2006, 20:13 PM
dont think that free hosts are bad .. some free hosts are better than some paid hosts :)

cphosts
01-13-2006, 20:57 PM
I'm not saying that they are bad, I am saying that if they offer paid services, make sure that they usually meet the above requirements.

Fatsofa
01-26-2006, 17:59 PM
I definately agree with Puzzleman on the backups. Regardless of where you host, if you have a back up and you have control of your domain name, you can pack up and go elsewhere. Yeah, you might be down a day or two but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

bongo
01-28-2006, 00:50 AM
yeah..some paid hosts i have been use b4 are a run-down totally..

james0131
02-07-2014, 07:03 AM
Best way to get best hosting company so before taking plan from them go through their review section which help you better idea about services and support