PDA

View Full Version : So when do you move to a VPS?

ourktm
08-31-2008, 00:13 AM
I have always used shared hosting till today. Shared hosting provides all that I need. I never got too many visitors till today. Only a few times, I have seen my site(s) go down because I used too much CPU in a shared hosting plan.

So when do you move to VPS hosting? How much visitors can shared hosting handle after which we need to get a VPS?

TimeOUT
09-05-2008, 08:45 AM
You may move your web site to GlobalTap.com as they provide VPS deals on different OSs (http://globaltap.com/virtualplus.html).
Which one do you need?
And what's your budget?

scott
09-06-2008, 06:33 AM
I would say to move right when your funds allow it, since VPS's have a lot better up time, are a lot faster, and give you a lot more freedom, since you can install any panel you want for example.

silent_thunder
09-06-2008, 12:10 PM
I you move based on the finances rather than the performance of the sight!! Atleast thry to minimise the risk of losing money

Venezuelan
09-08-2008, 04:20 AM
Reliability and speed of access are extremely important and can advise you Serverpoint.com - full redundancy and high network performance. They host all their virtual servers in their enterprise level dedicated servers, powered by RAID storage devices, multiple core CPUs and tons of RAM.