Various Ways To Make Money With Domain Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various Ways To Make Money With Domain Names

As more people and companies than ever are investing in domain names, it has become evident that not all of these names will realise their full income earning potential. As a Domain reseller and investor with a reasonable sized portfolio ,I have often been asked the best way to make money from these investment domains. The following are the most common ways to create an income stream or maximize resale value.

* Park the name with a parking service
    These places pay a percentage of the advertising revenue derived from ads placed on a page displayed when someone visits your domain. Also most of these parking services also offer a sales listing service to enable easy resale marketing of your domain.

* Make your own park page
    Similar to the above ,only you create your own small Website with ads and get 100% of the revenue. This however will not be as profitable because the parking services get a much greater traffic flow.

* Develop a small, but content rich minisite
    These small minisites are usually filled with articles and contextual ads from Adsense. Also often called AdsenseSites

* Develop a full featured web-site
    Selling services or products and also have some ads and paid links.This can be either selling your own products or as an affiliate for an existing online website.

Factors that increase value

At any of the above stages of development and Value adding,you can make money by reselling the Domain/Site for an increased value above the purchase price.

* Keywords & brandability of the name
    i.e. http://Become-rich.biz is Keyword rich and is valued higher than http://CrappyNames.com

* Amount of Visitor Traffic
    Simple equation More visitors = More Income = Greater Value

* Return from site
    (Income for Ads,Sales or Paid Links) . Higher Income earned ,Higher value for the site

* Current Demand for similiar names
    If a particular type of name is hot property ,all the similar names increase in value because of the demand.

* Current Search Engine Ranking
    If the Name is Not listed by the major search engines or is on page 346 than value is low, conversely if it is listed on the first page of the listings than value will be higher.

* Number of Sites linking to your site
    Related to Traffic and S.E.Ranking , More links = more traffic + higher rankings

* How keen is the buyer for name
    Buyer may want the name for a specific purpose and will pay a premium to ensure they get it.

Ways to Lose money on Domains

* Register a trademarked name
    like "P*yP*lFees.com" because of the Legal hassles. Most High profile companies can afford an expensive legal battle ,can you?

* Pay too much for Domain Name
    Just because http://ReallyGreat.com sold for $Big-bucks , doesn't mean paying $bigBucks for any old name will mean reselling it for an even higher price.

* Get scammed by Email and other types of fraud
    Domain investors attract more than their fair share of Scammers A common one is an email claiming to be someone wishing to buy your name ,all you have to do is use their preferred Appraisal service to confirm the offered price. It is just a ruse to get you to pay an inflated price for this appraisal.

It's important to pick a good parking service if you decide to park your domains. I have been using Parked.com and it's been fantastic.

I highly recommend developing domains - be sure to put a good amount of content since Google is cracking down on MFA sites, or Made For Adsense sites.

Comment

SEDO has always treated me right when it comes to the parking aspect.

Comment

how about buying the domain name just for the sake of it and then reselling it.
        i.e being faster than the potential buyer and then selling it to him...
        Reliable Web Hosting provided since 2005 | Web Hosting Plans starting at $6.66 | Web Hosting FAQ | 99.9% Uptime
        All my posts represent my own personal opinion and do not represent my company view.

Comment

Parking domains seems to be creating only a minimal income, which is pretty poor. I only get around $0.10 per month per domain.

Also, I think small sites and own parking pages won't work very well because Adsense hasn't being paying very well recently, maybe because of the current economic climate.

Therefore I think the way to go is to make a full featured website that charges for a service.

Comment

well the idea of reselling the domain name is goos aswell..but you need to have the right time for that...when the demand of the domain names is at its peak....

Comment

One can always sell the domain to the end user.But also what is the harm in being the end user yourself.I mean if your domain value is not coming to your expectation than you should just develop your own site and use it for revenue.

Comment

Parking the domain is the good Idea, and SEDO is good so far in my opinion, what others say about it? Lets C

Comment

Quite interesting information, and very useful!
                  Value the time Software Application Development Outsourced Programing Services.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                  1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                  Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                  Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                  Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                  2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                  http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                  http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                  See more
                  See less
                  Working...
                  X