PDA

View Full Version : Question About Servers....

mooapo
07-24-2009, 14:26 PM
I am creating a Tube Website, and I already have a hosting account with Godaddy.

Does anyone know if I still need a server if I have a godaddy account?

Natcoweb.com
07-27-2009, 04:48 AM
I am creating a Tube Website, and I already have a hosting account with Godaddy.

Does anyone know if I still need a server if I have a godaddy account?
Do you mean you have a shared hosting account? If so, check what amount of bandwidth you are planning to have from the start. See if your hosting account allows this.

If you are serious about getting a successful video streaming site, you should start with a dedicted server or a vps at least.
Usually the best variant for a top video streaming site is to colocate a server, this way there are chances to get better pricing for bandwidth, directly ffrom bandwidth providers in the dc.

vivithemage
08-06-2009, 17:14 PM
You will want a VPS, or Dedicated server for a tube type of website. Godaddy's shared web hosting will not have the correct plugins installed.

thewebhostingdir
08-13-2009, 03:23 AM
For the "Tube Website" you should go for the dedicated server or VPS server. Live streaming will be a serious hurdle in shared hosting. Dedicated or VPS will provide you desire result.

iWeb-Sly
11-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Agreed with thewebhostingdir, you need a more robust solution for that kind of project like a dedicated server

DustLoo
11-13-2010, 05:50 AM
If I was in your shoes I'll stay away from godaddy hosting, you'll need something with good performance

alanwalters
11-15-2010, 10:41 AM
As for tube website shared hosting is not a good choice that means your website will utilize excessive resources and it will be suspended.Dedicated hosting is too expensive but VPS is a good choice.

kinah1
11-17-2010, 03:49 AM
you should start with a dedicted server or a vps at least.