Do you submit to directories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you submit to directories?

I am curious as to whether people do or do not submit to directories. I have at times taken the time to do submissions but not always. Of course, if you are accepted into good quality directories, it is a good way to increase traffic to your site and have more links for your website.

Directories have proven an important source for links. These links should ideally be optimized for the keywords that we want our site ranked for in the search engines. Usually directories allow the submission of just one page (generally home page), so the keywords have to be relevant to that page. Make sure that you have researched your keywords well and chosen those that are minimally competed for but adequately searched.
    Stop Home Foreclosure || Debt Negotiators || Business Process Outsourcing

Comment

Many would agree with me for the fact that directories are not a good way to get direct traffic. They just help in building links, and nothing else. This type of link building can instead help in indirect traffic through search engines due to the backlink count boost, and sometimes the best quality directories really influence the rankings.

Submitting into every directory that you come across isn't going to help. You need to be selective, and take care not to end up submitting into big link farms. Be as selective as possible, and relevant categories should be selected to submit your website into. Just submitting into any page of a general directory would later hurt your search engine rankings, rather than help it.
      VPS Hosting
      VPS Affiliate
      The opinions expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer

Comment

I haven't for a while though I did when my site was launched. I don't think they get you much traffic though they can increase your backlinks a bit.
        Convo Corner

Comment

I think submission to directories could add traffic to your sites.But you don't get backlinks.
          SEO Cheltenham
          BannersToYou.com
          medical spa

Comment

submission to the directory you will get more traffic and backlinks
            web design London,logo design London,print London

Comment

u can get little bit traffic from web directories.
              Deck Repair Chicago
              Pressure Washing Chicago
              Deck Chicago

Comment

i do submissions in directories only if they are quality and have high pr.
                Stairlifts

Comment

I submit each site and each of my clients site to 2k-3k dirs
                  Many people ignore this easy and nice way to get one way links with desired anchor texts ... and many think if they submit to 2k dirs they will get traffic and get rich ...
                  Hilarious videos|Forex book|Get boyfriend back|Stop smoking help

Comment

Yes, I do. Even if directories are only get a little traffic, it's still helpful for better SERP and PR.
                    Choco Butternut, choco butternut, choco butternut!

Comment

Yes I do, they are effective way of getting low PR like PR2 and PR3 for free.

Comment

I do directories submission, it increases traffic to a site
                        Chicago Movers
                        fold up shoes
                        Cottage Rentals
                        Free Mobile Calls

Comment

i have hired a directory submission company because it is very time consuming.
                          Review Blogging With John Chow | article rewriter review

Comment

I am always looking for free high PR directories, never got any traffic from them , but they are consider to be a back links , normally deep one.
                            Letting Estate Agents , Lettings Agents , Cheap Flats in London

Comment

It's not that submitting your websites to web directories will not give you any traffic at all. For me, I still submit my websites to selected web directories because I believe that every single back links from any directories will help your website gain traffic.
                              Ductless Air Conditioner | Air Curtains

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                              1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                              Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                              Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                              Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                              2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                              See more
                              See less
                              Working...
                              X