Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison between Free web hosting and Paid Web Hosting

Free web hosting Facilities
    It's for free. You don't need to pay for domain name.

Free web hosting Limitations
    Your URL will be something like http://merchant.50webs.com or http://www.50webs.com/merchant. As I noticed above, the advantage is that you don't need to pay for domain. But note that if you move your website to another provider in the future you can loose some or all your traffic.
    Your provider will probably include ads to your pages - usually 1 or 2 banners, sometimes popup windows. If you plan to use banner exchange on your site read carefully their Terms and conditions. Some free hosts doesn't allow it.
    Free hosts usually allow lower bandwith then paid hosts and a lot of them don't offer futures like PHP and MySQL.
    A lot of free hosts change their Terms and conditions during some time. If your free host offers hosting without ads now, don't be surprised when banner or popup appears on your site in the future.

Paid web hosting Facilities
    You can host your own domain. If you decide to change the web hosting provider in the future, you easily transfer the domain to the new provider and don't loose your traffic.
    Most paid hosts offer 24/7 support via email or live chat and some of them provide toll-free phone support.
    You can expect better uptime then on free host. Some paid hosts offer uptime guarantee.
    Paid hosts usually offer enough disk space and bandwith. Futures like PHP and MySQL are standard. Even if you are not programmer you can download plenty of free PHP scripts from internet.
    Web Hosting, Free Web Hosting
    Merchant Account, Find Merchant Account

Re: Comparison between Free web hosting and Paid Web Hosting

not really ... i've seen some free hosts which allows alot of b/w but they are not reliable and i've seen some free hosts which are more reliable then paid hosts ...

so it depends on a person's opinion

Comment

I have never seen a free host which is better than a paid host. But as smub says, it depends on a person's opinion.

I like hosting only when paid. I normally dont prefer free hosts except during emergencies.

Comment

Nothing beats paid hosting, but some free hosting comes very close, like zeeblo.com, there you can have YOUR OWN DOMAIN, and you dont need to have one of those crazy urls that they give you, i might be switching to paid hosting if i find the right plan that suits my needs

Comment

Well, i dont think there is much difference between some great free hosts and other paid hosts other than the fact that free hosts arnt reliable and you can get deleted anyday. But in paid hosting you are getting what you paid for, so as you know there is no such thing as free lunch, free hosting has strings attached
          WebsPassage Directory - PR5 - $2 per listing

Comment

Paid hosting can't be compared with free hosting. Almost each free hosting puts ads and other links on your site and they offer very small disk space & bandwidth.
            Paid hosting offers a lot of other features and server speed is really good.

Comment

Originally posted by SUNNY ARSLAN
              Paid hosting can't be compared with free hosting. Almost each free hosting puts ads and other links on your site and they offer very small disk space & bandwidth.
              Paid hosting offers a lot of other features and server speed is really good.
              Your right. I haven't come across a single free host that doesn't supply a no-ads service. And I've never seen a paid host with ads.

Comment

The only problem I have with free hosting is that there is nothing you can do if it goes down. They can just shut you down for no reason and there is just about nothing you can do except move on.

Comment

Originally posted by pixads
                  The only problem I have with free hosting is that there is nothing you can do if it goes down. They can just shut you down for no reason and there is just about nothing you can do except move on.
                  I have had many free hosts just go down on me after a month or so of using them. I've switch to paid hosting ever since, it is much more reliable than free hosting.

Comment

Originally posted by pixads
                    I'd also have to agree. Not just that but they seem to be overrun by support emails and what not so it's quite hard to get them to fix something that's gone horribly wrong with your hosting account.

Comment

Paid hosting is best one as compared to free hosting , Paid hosting provide more features with good services as compared to free hosting
                      http://www.ideastackhosting.com
                      http://www.ideastackhosting.com/vps.html

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                      1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                      Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                      Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                      Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                      2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                      http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                      http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                      See more
                      See less
                      Working...
                      X