VPS is sluggish for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPS is sluggish for me

My VPS starts to be really sluggish at about 5,000 pageviews per day. Should I move to a dedi box with more RAM?
    I make money with the Software Billions club .

Have you optimised your website/database if your using one? Caching plugins can be good, as can optimising mysql and apache correctly. 5000 is not so big, whats your VPS plan?

Comment

What type of website do you run? and what specs do you have on your current VPS?

Sometimes it may also be caused by your provider's host node.
      Jonathan H. - IGXHost.com - High Performance Virtual Private Servers NOW AVAILABLE!
      Quality and High Performance Virtual Private Server Hosting - ZERO OVERSELLING!
      Fully Managed Servers Domain Resellers, SSL Certificates, Powered by SolusVM!
      jon.h@igxhost.com - 24/7 Live Chat Support Available! 30 Minutes Average Response Time!

Comment

Maybe you just need some system maintenance.. If the problem persists maybe a new and higher RAM would fix that problem once and for all..
        houses | for sale | mls | houses for sale |

Comment

it may also be caused by your provider's host node.

Comment

I think you need to change your VPS solution or migrate to dedicated sever and you need good web hosting consultant for that.
            I recommend contacting bodhost.com and asking that. They are one of the best dedicated sever and VPS providers. So you won't regret.

Comment

What are your current VPS specs?
              • RAM?
              • Virtualization Type?
              • CPU?

Comment

If the problem persists maybe a new and higher RAM would fix that problem once and for all..

Comment

I have been very happy wiith Hostgator

Comment

Sometimes it may also be caused by your provider's host node.

Comment

If you optimized your website/database if you’re using one? Caching plug-in can be good quality, as can optimizing and apache properly., what your VPS plan?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                      1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                      Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                      Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                      Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                      2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                      http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                      http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                      See more
                      See less
                      Working...
                      X