PDA

View Full Version : Creating a great website

tonyclarke58
10-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Everyone aspires to create marvelous websites. After all, we live in the Internet era. However, before you create a website, you need to bear some factors in mind. You need to thoroughly investigate and analyze your business requirements. Make sure to review your aims and aspirations. You should have a clear vision about your needs and goals so that you can achieve them effortlessly. This necessitates the need for a business plan. You cannot proceed without it. You also need to research thoroughly. Make sure to look up the website of your competitors. Make sure to familiarize yourself with industry norms.

afkate
11-12-2010, 03:03 AM
It is very good.

webpark
11-23-2010, 19:15 PM
yes, you're right.

Rastet123
12-15-2010, 17:08 PM
How to create a great website

Here are principles I think you can’t avoid:

1. Fire the committee. No great website in history has been conceived of by more than three people. Not one. This is a dealbreaker.
2. Change the interaction. What makes great websites great is that they are simultaneously effortless and new at the same time. That means that the site teaches you a new thing or new interaction or new connection, but you know how to use it right away. (Hey, if doing this were easy, everyone would do it.)
3. Less. Fewer words, fewer pages, less fine print.
4. What works, works. Theory is irrelevant.
5. Patience. Some sites test great and work great from the start. (Great if you can find one). Others need people to use them and adjust to them. At some point, your gut tells you to launch. Then stick with it, despite the critics, as you gain traction.
6. Measure. If you’re not improving, if the yield is negative... kill it.
7. Insight is good, clever is bad. Many websites say, “look at me.” Your goal ought to be to say, “here’s what you were looking for.”
8. If you hire a professional: hire a great one. The best one. Let her do her job. 10 mediocre website consultants working in perfect harmony can’t do the work of one rock star.
9. One voice, one vision.
10. Don’t settle.

JenB
03-08-2011, 15:18 PM
Rastet123 you nailed it on the head!!

Too many times have I been creating a website (we are just a family business - my dad and I) and whenever you talk to the client and he or she asks tonnes of people to look at something as small as a logo and everyone has a different opinion on it. I've always stuck to my gut feeling on things and trying to get out of customers what THEY really want.
Creating a great website is getting it found with SEO. Without SEO you can have the greatest most spectacular website in the world... but if it's not found it means diddly.

anilkamble
03-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks for information keepon going.

tianli
03-24-2011, 14:55 PM
yes, that is very god

suresh85
09-01-2014, 03:36 AM
Thanks for sharing very good informative post.

Dario McNut
10-23-2014, 01:18 AM
This is true, you have to plan and establish the right campaign you would like to have first before taking any steps.

TmzHosting
10-23-2014, 20:54 PM
The right campaign is the most important thing here. Once you have that established everything should be good to go.

- Daniel :)

praveenrajan
11-04-2014, 07:10 AM
Very good tips, In this Digital era its important to attract people with great design.

noor7300
12-16-2014, 09:52 AM
Well said bro. I definitely agree with your say.

successone
02-21-2015, 23:40 PM
000 Web host fits the bill most of the time. See if you can get in on a free one. :cool:

----------------------------------------------

successone
02-21-2015, 23:40 PM
Well said bro. I definitely agree with your say.

I also concur that Godaddy is one of the only good options. Great host! :D
-------------------------------------------------------

Frasat Ali
03-21-2015, 17:10 PM
Creating a web site is not easy as some people think and if we try to do it in hurry without understanding then it will be waste of time and money so first learn how one can run the web site and then only think of starting it otherwise there would be no use. I use lowhosting site for learning since there I can find details on building a proper successful site.

Chris Gifford
04-03-2015, 06:19 AM
Nice information guys, keep posting.

jessica roy
04-06-2015, 00:09 AM
I agree with you. Before going to start you should have a clear vision about all your needs. Based on your needs you can design a creative website which can attract many people.

Mehwish
07-30-2015, 03:58 AM
Yes of course research is must before to start a website if you can't do itself you SEO provider will give a complete Report about your niche.

wwwpro
08-01-2015, 02:35 AM
Study the content and backlinks of high ranking websites that offer your products or services.

Good Luck