PDA

View Full Version : Would it be wrong to host sites on the same server?

absolomthomas
10-29-2010, 04:58 AM
What is your thinking about hosting several different sites on the same server? With affiliate marketing work, I have been really busy. There is a dedicated server I have that I have been using. With several domains that utilize WP to sell their numerous products, there are more than 200 affiliate store sites. With all the sites being on the same server, the general template and the layout is pretty much the same. Any problems shouldn’t be created because of this. A penalty for my websites is something I wish to avoid in all respects. Do you agree with me on this issue?

compassout01
10-31-2010, 22:12 PM
I don't think there should be any problem, as long as your sites have different content

jamesprivateryan
11-02-2010, 02:43 AM
there is nothing problem in hosting different sites in same server.

Jameslaker
11-09-2010, 03:33 AM
we can't manage different sites from a single installation . You will have different administration panels to different installations, for each installation needs an absolute path on their configuration. However you can use the same database if you use different prefixes at the moment of install. For the sake of keeping things tidy, I would recommend have separate databases to each installation, if there is not a limitation of databases on your server.

johndonne47
11-10-2010, 15:49 PM
there is nothing problem in hosting different sites in same server.

But what if sites look similar ?

elicitservers
11-10-2010, 22:52 PM
But what if sites look similar ?
Google or search engines in general do not give value for the "looks" of a site. The way the search engine spiders crawl your site is basically a text-based version of your site, so the only thing that stands out is your content. Even if the IP is the same as other sites on the server, makes no difference if the content isn't the same.

Oh and be sure not to interlink your sites if they're all on the same server, trying to pass around rank. That is one thing Google will catch onto, if you're just trying to pass around link weight.