Why choose Windows Hosting service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why choose Windows Hosting service?

I have been trying to know everything about a Windows Hosting services. Why do we use this tool? What are the advantages? Are there any disadvantages that one needs to be careful about? I have never come across this term earlier. So, you can consider me a totally non-knowledgeable person. Initially, I thought that Windows hosting is similar to web hosting. Is my guess accurate? Additionally, I also came to know that it is used to create a website. So, is it a language? Through my research, I am unable to understand about this platform. Hence, help me. Take care.
    Online Auctions | social service in India | buy cheap dvd online

You need windows server only for microsoft products I think so

Comment

You can use Windows hosting service for Microsoft programs like, ASP, ASP.NET etc. I think PHP wont run in windows...
      Ask a doctor free Online | Online doctor | Ask a doctor

Comment

Remove Windows and install Linux with Apache web server, MySQL server, and PHP as a minimum.I have been trying to know everything about a Windows Hosting services. Why do we use this tool.
        metal carrying cases | case for laptop | laptop carrying case

Comment

Windows is recommended for beginners because of its easy configuration and assistance available either through Windows or the internet. Windows is recommended if you use Active Server Pages (ASP) or .NET as the server technology on Internet Information Services.
          Windows server software, however, can be expensive ($300 to $600 per license) and lead to higher web hosting costs. Other disadvantages include inability to move applications to other platforms, and high vulnerability to hackers and security flaws.

Comment

Now, this article is not to prove that an operating system is better or worse than another, and if you have a preference, then I recommend you stick to it. This article is not to convince to change.
            Last edited by targetseo123; 09-13-2011, 00:46 AM.
            SEO India
            SEO Company India

Comment

I also came to know that he is used to create a website. So it's a language? Through my research, I can not understand about this platform.
              Last edited by seoxperts; 09-21-2011, 05:40 AM.
              seo phoenix|web design arizona|Phoenix Web Design|Search Engine Optimization Phoenix

Comment

Linux Hosting and Windows Hosting both can be equally beneficial. Linux is an open source operating system and therefore is highly profitable. In terms of maintenance, is better than Windows hosting. Linux is great in terms of speed and stability, therefore, linux web servers are less likely to crash. The main advantage is that Windows hosting can run multiple software applications and Microsoft SQL databases and MS Access.
                Last edited by carolynccourtney; 09-21-2011, 05:44 AM.
                Verisign SSL Certificate | Thawte SSL Certificate

Comment

Windows is recommended if you use Active Server Pages (ASP) or .NET as the server technology on Internet Information Services.
                  pvc plastic pipe
                  pvc plastic profile
                  Fire Extinguisher Brackets

Comment

i think i have to stick with windows.it is wide on its compatibility.

Comment

Hello,

Windows based hosting providers allow to use many applications like asp, asp.net, framework, report viewer, mssql databases which are not allowed in linux based hosting services. So, to use such applications windows based hosting is needed.
                      TronicHost.com : Offshore Hosting Solutions..
                      Shared | Reseller | Dedicated server Hosting, Netherlands Location.

Comment

You need windows server only for microsoft products
                        Sustainable development

Comment

You will have to choose Windows hosting when your website/application demands windows components like ASP.NET or MSSQL database or else Linux hosting is ideal.
                          Managed and Unmanaged VPS Hosting & Dedicated Servers
                          by King-Servers.com

Comment

Windows server will support ASP,ASP.NET also will support PHP but wont support all the functions in PHP.
                            Those who using MS SQL ans MS Access DB have to go with Windows hosting only.
                            Through RDP we can work easily in windows server like we work in our PC.
                            For linux we should have good knowledge in commands to manage the server.

Comment

Windows web hosting service is useful and it offers multiple advance features as compare to other and it is easy to use and manage.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                              1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                              Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                              Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                              Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                              2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                              See more
                              See less
                              Working...
                              X