PDA

View Full Version : GoDaddy Hosting...

DJScuba
05-18-2005, 04:01 AM
I've been with GoDaddy hosting for 2 years now and they've been great. Server uptime has been 99.8% and speeds are incredible. Rarely have I used their support system, when I do response times vary from 1 - 7 hours which is great.

BeatleManU
02-06-2009, 04:14 AM
I had godaddy hosting a while back, I kept it and tried using it after I bought a few domain names there. It seemed to lack options though and didn't offer cpanel, which i am used to using.

tg01
02-07-2009, 15:37 PM
Hmm, I didn't think that godaddy web hosting was that great, from what I heard, customer support lacks. For the price though, it is good value for money, though perhaps spending a bit more with another host could mean you get 99.95% rather than 99.8, not much of a difference, but the time its down is when you could lose a sale.

Wizkid49
02-07-2009, 15:47 PM
No offence but 7 hours is compleatly horriable for support.

itwanabe
02-08-2009, 02:26 AM
godaddy must be doing something right because they're an internet icon=)

Terracotta
02-08-2009, 10:44 AM
I had several domains with them I dont have hosting experiences but when I created support tickets they were replied within few hours :)

itwanabe
02-08-2009, 15:35 PM
I had several domains with them I dont have hosting experiences but when I created support tickets they were replied within few hours :)

My friend who host's through them is quite happy. Granted he's only got a blog but the overall experience with support and uptimes, he's a happy camper.

fazewire
02-08-2009, 19:36 PM
godaddy must be doing something right because they're an internet icon=)

I blame it on Danica Patrick. :p

Mp3
02-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Godaddy that is my favorite domain name registrar. No doubts in here, but I prefer have different companies for web hosting and domain name and that's why I recommned you have web host somewhere on the hostgator.com, ncisp.net, hqhost.net etc. But in any case that is my approach

numskull
02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Godaddy is a terrible host, despite of being a famous registrar. If to gwet hosting from registrar I would prefer sibername.com - their hosting offers and quality are one of the most stable and fast I know.

vagabond
02-16-2009, 21:50 PM
I've used godaddy for domains and hosting for years, and rarely do I have a need to contact support. However, when I do, I just call on the phone. No need to wait for a response and they answer anytime and are very helpful and courteous.

Hsekhar
02-17-2009, 02:38 AM
Godaddy web hosting is not that good. I have seen one of my friend signing up with them since he was much impressed with their domain registration service but later moved to another host (Hostgator, on my recommendation only). I saw their CP, and I thought like "How crappy that is". Also, I heard their support is not that good (sometimes, they are kind of rude... not sure about it).

sweetnatie
02-17-2009, 09:27 AM
I would not go with godaddy, as they are mostly domain registrar, so I would prefer hosting providers of middle size, like MMhosting.com for instance, or, say, marblehost.com. These are one of the best for shared hosting.

mycredit-scores
02-18-2009, 12:17 PM
My experience of GoDaddy is Great. I never thaught of having any other hosting service after having hosting from them..

FreshFroot
04-17-2009, 20:29 PM
NEVER buy your domain and hosting at one place.

Godaddy is a great domain registrar and a terrible host. I hate the fact, that some companies run into other businesses, when they know NOTHING about it and want pure profit.

Godaddy's support tech is terrible with hosting related issues. I'm not sure where they hire their technical staff from, but they lack the skills in helping or determining problems.

I'd stay away from Godaddy's web hosting, and find a different provider.

spycraft
04-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Well, GoDaddy's hosting is basically for newcomer developers. It has one click application install... 1 click and you got WordPress installed! People pay to get that :-)