PDA

View Full Version : Whois Protection

Positive
05-26-2005, 20:28 PM
I was reading an article at other forum where it said that Whois Protection is illegal to do which most registrars provide. Do you guys have any idea?

lovelylovely
05-27-2005, 07:48 AM
but even if it is i never used it

akhilkhan
08-11-2007, 05:07 AM
Some registrars offer it for free, and when there is such a promo, I take advantage of it. But otherwise, I don't really bother to pay extra for this service.

MaterWeb
08-11-2007, 06:00 AM
Well I did not know this fact that is is illegal. I had used it for all of my domain. where you got this information from?

wizardrpg
08-11-2007, 09:52 AM
I was reading an article at other forum where it said that Whois Protection is illegal to do which most registrars provide. Do you guys have any idea?

well i didnt got your question can you tell me what are you asking in security the hacking thing or the closing of server/domain...

puffin
08-17-2007, 02:33 AM
Whois Protection is not illegal only difference is that viewers wont see your info directly. if someone mail registrar then registrar will forward it to you.

iBoot
08-20-2007, 02:36 AM
i think this is good method to hide webmasters identity :D

Positive
08-28-2007, 03:48 AM
Hey, that's an old thread :) I remember reading an article that it is illegal because one can't hide the details but it turned out to be false because the details are available using this service (just hidden from general public).

mntor
08-29-2007, 06:12 AM
I am sure it isnt illegal. If it were not every registrar would offer it.

palanimalathy
06-16-2011, 01:53 AM
i will help you......

palanimalathy
06-16-2011, 01:53 AM

No no I am sure it's Not illegal to protect the whois information of the Domain name,It's legal only....It helps to prevent the address information from hacking....So you can register with privacy option!!!
Many registrars provide the private registration!!! I have registered the Domain name at Whoisxy (http://www.whoisxy.com/register-domains.aspx) they provided me the Following ....

Why buy from Whoisxy?

* Free contact privacy! (most domains/TLDs)
* Free easy-to-use domain manager!

* Select from a large inventory of premium names!
* Free easy to use DNS!

venmalathy
07-14-2011, 07:24 AM
thanks for sharing............

stacy_kodani
07-23-2011, 07:02 AM
Hiding the domain register address is not illegal. There are many site hiding their information and you an get information from the whois details.

TinaTinka
07-23-2011, 08:28 AM
I am using "Whois Protection" long time ago and that this is illegal thing I would have lost my sites for sure but that did not happen.This protection is definitely very good to protect the identity of webmaster.