PDA

View Full Version : What is CPanel Backup?

asp
06-04-2005, 20:42 PM
The Backup area of your CPanel Control Panel allows you to backup your current hosting account, settings and files.

You should always keep your own backups of your hosting account, on your local computer, to provide for easy recovery in the event of a problem

dikertrome
04-20-2012, 06:34 AM
One of the features of cPanel is the ability to backup your hosting information, including your databases, email setup and code. Second thing most hosting services also execute backups for you so you might speculate why you should bother about doing your own as well.

adamt
04-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Hello!

As you know, cPanel has a Daily backup feature.

I use this on all cpanel servers but theres one thing I really want to do.

Ive noticed some user accounts are like 7.1 GB in size so the backup comes out to be really big and while cpbackup creates the backup, the server load goes really high (for the big accounts)

I was wondering if theres some script we could use so that any accounts that exceed a certain size stop being backed up? i.e. in Configure Backup, you can select what users you want to backup. Is there any script that can automatically disable a users backup if it exceeds a certain size or at least notify the server admin so he/she disables it himself/herself?

Hope I explained myself properly.

Thanks!

Regards,
Adam
fatnetwork.com

adamt
04-20-2012, 07:09 AM
The cPanel backup facility lets you do this manually but it’s also possible to spoof the web form it uses and drive the cPanel engine using a PHP script. That allows you to automate the backup of multiple web sites to an FTP server somewhere and have it run automatically as part of a cron job on a regular basis

Regards,
Adam
fatnetwork.com

Manov
07-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Good efforts,Well Put,
Thanks for sharing.

gladson
01-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Backup area of your cPanel Control Panel allows you to backup your content...
this is an important think...

Natcoweb
01-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Backup is the basis of any successful business.

omprakash9
09-23-2014, 18:47 PM
nice post,thanks for sharing with us.

sevenl
09-24-2014, 01:53 AM
The backup wizard in cPanel is generally used for creating backup of the website. You can back up and save your entire website as well as can also use the restore link to select files to restore portions of your site.
For more information visit http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs/BackupWizard

GlazeHost
09-24-2014, 11:31 AM
It backup all your files of your cPanel. This can come in handy in case you want to move from a cPanel to an other.

Dario McNut
09-25-2014, 05:13 AM
Cpanel panel back up is a software that back up your file. It actually has allowable space that stores up your data.

david_smith01
04-07-2016, 07:41 AM
cPanel has ability to backup your hosting information, including your databases, email setup and code. Also most hosting services execute backups for you.

tonnygaet
04-12-2016, 21:34 PM
One of the components of cPanel is the capacity to reinforcement you're facilitating data, including your databases, email setup and code. Second thing most facilitating administrations additionally execute reinforcements for you so you may guess why you ought to make a fuss over doing your own also.

evagabor197
04-13-2016, 06:35 AM
It's helpful for each of webmaster for example you do any changes on your cpanel and the changes was goes wrong you you can update the old backup file to your cpanel that is the benefit and it's just to backup your web files.

sonipat
04-14-2016, 05:26 AM
cPanel Backup of your account, Backing up your website is a necessary step for all users. Before making any changes to your website, it's best practice to always create a backup. Cpanel has a built-in backup tool to assist you with creating backups. This handy utility will create a zip file (compressed file) that you then can download to your local computer for storage.

mikechan12
04-21-2016, 05:28 AM
A full cPanel backup makes a duplicate of your whole recordsdata, e-mail, databases, and so on. As soon as initiated, you have to permit the backup time to carry out

nickypowell
04-23-2016, 23:41 PM
Panel is the capacity to reinforcement you're facilitating data, including your databases, email setup and code