Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Host Changing Issue: Please Help

Hi friends,

I request some information to resolve my host changing issue.

Recently, I decided to change the hosting of our web site to a new hosting company and I paid for one year. They told me that everything is fine from their side and asked me to inform my registrar to change the nameserver information. When I contacted the registrar, he said he can't change the nameserver information because the new hosting company is not yet hosted our web site. When I checked the whois information, it's still showing our old hosting company information.

The new hosting company is saying that once the registrar changes the nameserver information everything will be alright. But, registrar is denying to change the nameservers saying again that the new company is not hosting our web.

I'm not technicaly good in these issues. Can anybody help me in understanding who is correct and who is wrong..

(Note: I haven't cancelled my old hosting yet.)

Regards,

Rajesh Joy

Re: Host Changing Issue: Please Help

Let me make a wild guess. You bought your domain from your old host?

If not transfer your files to the new server and then tell the guy to process the nameserver change.

Better yet transfer your domain to a registar where you control what the nameservers are.
    ScriptMan
    Host unlimited domains as low as $2.95 month

Comment

There is a problem in transfering the domain from our current registrar because we do have a ccTLD, .com.sa. Many reputed registrars like register.com can't support this ccTLD.

Is it necessary that the nameservers also have the same ccTLD as the domain name??

Meanwhile, how is the 'whois' information retrieved?? Is that has any relationship with the nameserver information??

Comment

You can ping your site to see were it is going. Or use a whois site and check what dns it is pointing to. Also ask your register maybe to change dns anyway but if new company isn't hosting it then that would mean downtime. Contact your new host tell them what register is saying and check for yourself. Sounds like you may need another host if they can't get it right for you let me know.
        Dotnamehost.com Hosting from $2 a month

Comment

IF, let me repeat that IF I have read your post correctly you did not buy a domain at all. You purchased a sub-domain of the the site you referenced.

If I am right about that the only place you can host it is where you are.
          ScriptMan

Comment

ScriptMan,

We purchased the domain.

Comment

When I contacted my registrar today with the information I got from this form, he is now saying that, some 'NS Record' at my new hosting company is not correct.

Can anybody tell me what does he mean?

Comment

Pm me the name of the domain you bought and I will take a look at it for you.

Based on what you say in the PM I can post the info here in the thread or in a PM reply to you.

What you are describing just is not right. So there is a problem somewhere.
                ScriptMan

Comment

pj_rajesh, did you resolve the problem ? did you finally managed to host with the new hosts.

Comment

Originally posted by pj_rajesh View Post
                    When I contacted my registrar today with the information I got from this form, he is now saying that, some 'NS Record' at my new hosting company is not correct.

Can anybody tell me what does he mean?
                    According to me they are confusing to you there are no this much trouble while changing nameserver
                    http://www.ideastackhosting.com
                    http://www.ideastackhosting.com/vps.html

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                    1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                    Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                    Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                    Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                    2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                    http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                    http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                    See more
                    See less
                    Working...
                    X