How to become a host for other sites.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to become a host for other sites.

I don't know much at all about webhosting apart from the fack I pay my hosts a certain amount and my sites are online.

How would you go about starting your own hosting company, what would you need to buy?
    Fishing Photos Fishing Directory Fishing boats for sale http://www.ourfishinggroup.com

Re: How to become a host for other sites.

Originally posted by makubwa
    I don't know much at all about webhosting apart from the fack I pay my hosts a certain amount and my sites are online.

How would you go about starting your own hosting company, what would you need to buy?
    On the technical side, you would need to get either a reseller account, a VPS, or a dedicated server.

On the business side, you would need to make a plan for how to find customers for your business, and then execute that plan, including marketing, advertising, pricing, and more.

And you need to come up with a support plan, to help your customers and potential customers with their questions and problems, which can come at any time day or night.

If all this sounds like a lot, you might want to consider instead becoming an affiliate of a hosting company. You put links on your site or on forum posts where allowed, and when customers follow your links to the hosting company and buy service, you get commission.
    The Hosting Team
    cPanel Hosting. Instant activation. Recurring affiliate commissions.
    "That's what the web is for"
    www.thehostingteam.com

Comment

I definitely recommend starting off with a Reseller account. That way it gives you a feel for the business, and you dont have to worry about things like hackers, learning a new operating system, and arnt responsible for the hardware (not to mention the initial investment)

Once you outgrow (or make enough $), you can upgrade as your needs require
      o|Intec Networks Hosting Solutions
      o| ITHost.ca - 1-877-ITHost-1
      o| cPanel Shared // Dedicated Linux // WHM Resellers // Domains
      o| 100% Uptime -
      View

Comment

Originally posted by Kdoubt
        I definitely recommend starting off with a Reseller account. That way it gives you a feel for the business, and you dont have to worry about things like hackers, learning a new operating system, and arnt responsible for the hardware (not to mention the initial investment)

Once you outgrow (or make enough $), you can upgrade as your needs require
        And starting it with a partner helps you much.

Comment

Thanks for the great advice guys. How much would a reseller account cost me - I am sure it would depend on the size. Can you suggest any hosts that offer this service?
          Fishing Photos Fishing Directory Fishing boats for sale http://www.ourfishinggroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by makubwa
            Thanks for the great advice guys. How much would a reseller account cost me - I am sure it would depend on the size. Can you suggest any hosts that offer this service?
            Reseller packages are priced based on which and how much of the following you want:
            • quantity of disk space
            • bandwidth
            • a ClientExec or similar license (software to manage your customer accounts)
            • technical support for your customers from the host's staff (branded to your name)
            • presales support for your customers from the host's staff (i.e. answering presales questions)
            • private nameservers (e.g. ns1.yourcompanyname.com)
            • dedicated IP addresses
            • SSL certificate so customers can enter credit card information securely
            • domain name registration (if you don't already have one)

If you'd like more info, let me know.
            The Hosting Team
            cPanel Hosting. Instant activation. Recurring affiliate commissions.
            "That's what the web is for"
            www.thehostingteam.com

Comment

Check out www.knownhost.com, their packages start from US$ 10 a month for the basic reseller package. It would be advisable to get a reseller account from one of he domain registrar as well to ensure you can also sell domain names to your customers apart from the standard hosting services.

Comment

You need either a reseller/VPS/Dedicated:

Reseller: your hosting will be placed on a shared server together with other resellers or shared plans
                VPS: Virtual Private Server: You will get a partitioned part of a server, you get more resources
                Dedicated: You own complete server

Comment

Thanks for sharing this info with us and hopping more from you.

Comment

Their are many hosting provider available in Google from their you will get many hosting provider from then select one as per your budget

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                    1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                    Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                    Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                    Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                    2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                    http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                    http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                    See more
                    See less
                    Working...
                    X