Which web design languages to learn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which web design languages to learn?

Hi friends! To become a professional web design programmer, which languages do you suggest to learn? I would like to know about the order like 1. html 2. css 3. php etc. And also please let me know the good resources we can learn these languages from. I think some of the languages are tough and it would take ages to learn them. Just post here how tough a language is and how much time it would take you to learn the language to comfortable with it. If you think some of the languages are very useful as well as easy, please let me know what they are. It would give some confidence to so many people (like me) who want to learn them but postpone it, thinking they are very tough. Thanks in advance.
    Since most of the members of that forum are stupid, from now on, let's call it StupidFire

Re: Which web design languages to learn?

You defenatly need to know good HTML and CSS. Then to design professional templates, I suggest photoshop.

If you know that you are doing very very well.
    PHP is for dynamic sites, and you can learn it to make simple things as a contact form to more complex stuff like a users system.

Comment

Re: Which web design languages to learn?

I would suggest http://w3schools.com/

That is a good site to start with the basics of html, css etc. Try to work with a project, say a website and then learn all that is required to get the website up and going. That will be a good way to learn web programming.

Comment

hi

1) basic html + css for w3c standard approved website
        2) java + php4/5 scripts foundation

just for your reference only.

Comment

Hi,

I advice html, css and especially php 5 and mysql
          In fact all hosting use this LAMP: LINUX, APACHE, MYSQL, PHP

Bye
          Linux Invent - If You Are Free To Think With Your Head There Is A Penguin In Your Heart
          Host Invent - Hosting and Domain Registration
          Elettro Linux

Comment

PHP,javascript are of no use if you dont knoe HTML and more particularly CSS
            so the order would be like this
            1)HTML with CSS - learn for w3schools.com
            2)PHP
            3)Javascript
            4)MySQL(necesayr for database building)
            learn from w3schools.com it is the best web design tutorial site

Comment

Yes I agree with Boebi
              You must learn Css and Html First to make a website..
              Then you need to buy a web space and domain name for you website
              i think Microsoft Front page is the Best software for this purpose

Comment

To be a professional web designer, I guess it's almost necessary to learn everything there is, or the ones people use these days like PHP and ASPnet. I guess it's also best to get the foundation: HTML, Javascript and of course CSS. You'll also need to know how to use Photoshop and Flash...
                Free Directory Submissions | Write For Us (free)

Comment

Well i Think first you must learnt PHP and HTML.With the the help of which you can start desgining and after that go on and learn another Languages.
                  ADCASH REG AND MAKE MONEY NICE WAY TO EARN MONEY ONLINE.

Comment

I suggest for you Php or html with css, because they are the best of all

Comment

I would say learn HTML and CSS first. Once you get it good enough. Start with PHP and you will get along with java scripting easily.

Comment

ya i agree with abiji...most basic is html and css..

Comment

I agree with the general sentiment here: HTML and CSS first because they are the building blocks for everything. Then get some PHP knowledge. For PHP, I found code2design.net pretty helpful because they had narrated videos of the guy doing coding (at least for the first 10 lessons anyway).

Comment

learns basics of HTML CSS javascripting and then head for PHP / ASP / JSP for server side scripting and if possible to get a good look at AJAX coz that's what will be ruling the world in few months.
                            DON'T LEARN TO HACK,HACK TO LEARN

My Personal Site
                            My BLOG

Comment

Originally posted by dayjober
                              Hi friends! To become a professional web design programmer, which languages do you suggest to learn? I would like to know about the order like 1. html 2. css 3. php etc. And also please let me know the good resources we can learn these languages from. I think some of the languages are tough and it would take ages to learn them. Just post here how tough a language is and how much time it would take you to learn the language to comfortable with it. If you think some of the languages are very useful as well as easy, please let me know what they are. It would give some confidence to so many people (like me) who want to learn them but postpone it, thinking they are very tough. Thanks in advance.
                              I would go for php then html and then i think your pretty much in good shape after that learn java if i were you.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                              1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                              Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                              Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                              Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                              2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                              See more
                              See less
                              Working...
                              X