AD MANAGEMENT

Collapse

BEHOSTED

Collapse

GOOGLE

Collapse

Important Rules You Need in Domain Registration Shanghai idc Network Information Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Rules You Need in Domain Registration Shanghai idc Network Information Tech

Important Rules You Need in Domain Registration Shanghai idc Network Information Technology Co., Ltd.

I am an expert of Shanghai idc Network Information Technology Co., Ltd.

A friend emailed me, "I've found many tips regarding domain registration from the internet. But too many of them and I simply cannot remember them all. I don't have that much time to spend on those. I wonder if you can provide me a quick summary of the major things I should look out for when registering a domain name, so that it makes life easier for me?"

If you're like that friend of mine looking for short cuts, then here's my advice...

Honestly, some domain tips are useful and some are not.

And in regards to those that are useful, I've further narrowed them down into the 4 major rules that you should stick closely to safeguard the quality of your domain name and prevent your gold-digging domain name from getting "hi-jacked" by others.

Here they are...(The intellecture property belong to Shanghai idc Network Information Technology Co., Ltd)

Rule #1: Short

Why short?

Firstly, most people cannot remember long domain name. Secondly, long domain name is prone to typo when people type into their browser.

Some so-called experts said that a domain name should be long so that it clearly speaks out what the website is selling.

Well, this is true. But it may not be preferable because as mentioned earlier, long domain name is hard to remember and prone to typo. Agree?

Hence, if you want your website to be flooded with visitors, you should follow the trend instead of going against.

Many people are complaining that it's hard to get a short domain name nowadays. Well, not true. If you think hard enough and stretch your creativity, you'll find one. Really.

Hey, why not you try this... enter "expired domain name" in the search engines and do a search for it?

By doing so, you may find the right domain name for your website from the list of expired domain names, if not, you can get some inspiration out of them and come up on your own with a very unique name for your website.

Rule #2: Logical

Two ways: one is to coin a domain name that logically ties in with what your website is selling, another way is to simply make your domain name the same as your company name.

For example, if you sell ebooks online, you should register ebooks dot whatever extension you like (preferably dot com because it's still the most popular extension todate).

Or if your company name is called Example Pte Ltd, you should register "example.com". Period.

Rule #3: Spell Check

You MUST always check the domain name for any spelling error before you proceed to the order form and buy (register).

For your info, even if you registered a misspelled domain name (for instance, you intend to register "example.com" but ended up you registered "exmple.com" ¨C you missed out an ¡®a'), you're still able to get a refund as long as you do not exceed the 5-day refund period for domain registration.

(Note: Generally, accredited domain registrars offer you a 5-day refund, but some may have a different refund policy. So, it's always safer for you to check with your domain registrar before you register. Clear?)

What if you only realize the typo after 5 days? Then, too bad. You'll have to stick with that misspelled domain name until it expires (the minimum expiry period is one year), whether you like it or not.

There's no way you can edit the domain name. Once registered, it's fixed.

See, you waste money on a domain name you can't use due to its wrong spelling. So, don't take chances. Simply block out 20 seconds or so to double check the spelling of your domain name is definitely the best prevention from making silly mistakes and wasting unnecessary money.

Rule #4: Register NOW!

According to statistics, more than 65 domain names are being registered worldwide in every second.

So, please do not wait. Once you've thought out a good domain name, quickly go grab it before someone else does. Or you'll be too late for the grab.

So, these are the 4 main basic rules you should always stick to whenever you register domain name. They'll help you save time and money, and make life easier for you. Good luck!

So you're a Shanghai company...do you have a website, and do you accept payment in RMB?
    Free Directory Submissions | Write For Us (free)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
    1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
    Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
    Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
    Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
    2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
    http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
    http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
    See more
    See less
    Working...
    X