PDA

View Full Version : VPS vs. Shared..

wisedude
12-05-2007, 17:43 PM
What are the pros and cons of each? I'm weighing my decision as to whether I'll buy a VPS

mountlaurel
12-06-2007, 01:38 AM
vps is like you own your own server.. if you have an unmanageed VPS that means all the stuff like installation, rebooting , reinstallation, maintenance, monitoring, will be covered by you only..

if you have managed your hosting will take care all of the above but for an additional price...

why selecting vps from reseller.. if you want just selling hosting just go to reseller and also you can make you site there..

if you have a high traffic site.. then go to VPS..

VPS is much pricey than reseller..

james0131
01-29-2014, 02:49 AM
VPS internet hosting is one amongst the newer varieties of internet hosting that has solely recently gained in quality. VPS stands for Virtual non-public Server. VPS hosting could be a supply of confusion for several people and businesses sorting out an online host for his or her web ventures. the explanation for this can be that it extremely could be a hybrid of shared hosting and dedicated hosting.

iosifpeterfi
03-11-2014, 13:54 PM
go for the VPS !

Salt&Pepper
03-12-2014, 10:37 AM
Of course it depends on your requirements. If you have a stable business and you don't want another people to make your website slow, you must subscribe for a VPS, where u have dedicated for you resources. The shared hosting is for blogs or small websites.

dreamtera
03-18-2014, 04:44 AM
Vps mostly has dedicated resources (xen) and have root access. Its your own server.

Unlike shared has no root access and it is oversold resources mostly. But cheaper.

Better go for vps