PDA

View Full Version : Will LiteSpeed defeat Apache?

mountlaurel
12-07-2007, 22:25 PM
i read an article about litespeed, that it can handle 4 times load than apache. and they say that litespeed is faster than apache.

ok what is litespeed?
litespeed is a web server like apache.

sunken
12-24-2007, 19:02 PM
Unless it starts getting major support from the thousands of hosting companies and software distributors, it's unlikely. That is the trouble sometimes, that better solutions are buried by what is popular.

Frikkle
12-25-2007, 00:14 AM
No way. Apache is certainly here to stay. There are a bunch of other web server softwares that are currently under development, but their potential is certainly nowhere near that of Apache. Too many people use it, but I suppose that it's not really a bad thing, since it is free and open source.

Does litespeed use .htaccess or something similar?

Most scripts are really solely geared toward Apache.

puffin
01-03-2008, 01:59 AM
I don't know much about Litespeed unless it works fine with PHP it won't stand a chance to fight with Apache. Everyone in this hosting field had gotten used to Apache too much.

krishmkp
01-05-2008, 14:16 PM
To be honest, I haven't heard of LiteSpeed yet. Apache is a very familiar one and used world wide. It is also a secure and efficient server.

But who knows?
When Apache can surpass NCSA's httpd, why not Litespeed!

bbalegere
01-06-2008, 06:24 AM
It might be worth trying and using litespeed.
If you are able to configure and run it successfully on your server,then I think you will protected from different types of hack attacks until litespeed gains popularity.
Most hackers concentrate on hacking only apache servers.

james0131
01-25-2014, 03:00 AM
I had never tried them you must check out their reviews section which help to give better idea about their services and support