PDA

View Full Version : ServerPoint- Any good?

Fevio
12-17-2007, 14:48 PM
Do any of you happen to know of ServerPoint is any good when it comes to VPS?

keepyourbook
01-18-2008, 09:18 AM
ServerPoint.com's Virtual Private Server service provides their customers with the flexibility of having full control over the server, but at a price anyone can afford. With services starting at just $29.99 a month, and both cPanel and Plesk available, their Virtual Private Servers are the choice for those on a tight budget IMO.

jagadeeshk90
01-21-2008, 03:13 AM
Hey Jagadeesh here .I have a very good suggestion for VPS.I'm cusotmer of Manashosting.It provides VPS which is one of the best in the world.For more details you send a mail to its server team ie server@manashosting.com.Visit www.manashosting.com
bye.

Ar_kan
01-30-2008, 06:41 AM
VPSs from ServerPoint.com have many advantages from my point of view but I have been misled a little bit as for guaranteed RAM and burstable RAM. What does it mean?

moniker
02-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Fevio, you may look for serverpoint.com reviews at WHT, just mind that they were operated under a different brandname Aplushosting.com.

keepyourbook
02-22-2008, 09:21 AM
VPSs from ServerPoint.com have many advantages from my point of view but I have been misled a little bit as for guaranteed RAM and burstable RAM. What does it mean?
Guaranteed RAM from ServerPoint.com VPS plans means that this amount of RAM you'll be able to consume for sure. Burstable means the amount of RAM that can be consumed under certain circumstances. Not always.

borninautumn
02-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Burstable RAM is the memory that's available beyond the guaranteed ram. For instance your VPS might have 256mb guaranteed ram, and 1024mb burstable ram. This means that after you have used up your guaranteed ram, there's still 768mb burstable ram available for burst usage - IF there's enough free memory on the host server.

We always leave some extra memory available in each host server as burstable ram. Additionally extra burstable ram is available if another VPS on the same server doesn't use up all of its guaranteed RAM.

Please do keep in mind that in the event a VPS suddenly needs its guaranteed RAM, that VPS will always get it. As a result, that may also mean that a VPS which is using burstable RAM, may get some processes killed in order to reduce its burstable RAM usage. As such, it is highly recommend to not rely on burstable ram except for peak usage. As a rule of thumb, you should always make sure that your guaranteed RAM covers your typical ram usage. For instance if you typically use 350mb ram, you shouldn't get a VPS with 256mb guaranteed ram, since you'd be using almost 100mb ram which may get killed off. Surely it may work just fine - but your processes are at risk that way.

If you are looking to order a new VPS and you aren't sure how high your memory usage will be, then please contact our sales department and we'll setup an evaluation environment for you, which will allow us to make a recommendation as to how much guaranteed RAM you should get as a minimum.

i think you could get more info on that by contacting serverpoint.com online livechat at www.serverpoint.com.

konratt
02-28-2008, 06:57 AM
Live Chat is very active from ServerPoint.com and rather friendly. prices are good fopr their VPS and they sincerely state the amount of RAM you may use for sure.

Ar_kan
03-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Guaranteed RAM from ServerPoint.com VPS plans means that this amount of RAM you'll be able to consume for sure. Burstable means the amount of RAM that can be consumed under certain circumstances. Not always.

Thanks for that explanation. At least ServerPoint.com sincerely states about that amount of RAM you may use from them.

james0131
01-25-2014, 03:08 AM
You must check their review section which help to get good idea about their services and support to vps