Reseller or Shared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reseller or Shared

What do you guys think is better? I need to be able to host several domains, but i do not own a hosting company. I currently have a shared account but was considering moving to a reseller.
    Peter J. Foti

I used to do that along time ago. I had a reseller account just for personal use. You can also look for a shared account with unlimited add-on domains. Either one would probably suite you. If you would like all sites to be under one account, same user and pass, then addons would be perfect. If you want your sites to be more individual and have seperate control panels, passwords, etc. then a reseller is the way to go.
    Bobby B. - Chief Executive Officer, Ultimate Hosting
    Ultimate Hosting - Hosting since 2003! Tired of being a regular reseller? Become a master reseller! PM me today!
    Ultimate Support - Our new support community! Need help?

Comment

Depends on many variables. Shared hosting vs. Reseller hosting with the same bandwidth and space will be cheaper on a Shared hosting account. The only real main advantage to having a reseller account is WHM. I wouldn't get a reseller account unless you have quite a few domains to manage.

Comment

Hawns-I am no longer considering moving to reseller. After that post you made about Reseller Guru I am no longer going to try and upgrade to a reseller. I have a very reliable shared host, that allows me unlimited sites
        Peter J. Foti

Comment

Originally posted by domainer50
          Hawns-I am no longer considering moving to reseller. After that post you made about Reseller Guru I am no longer going to try and upgrade to a reseller. I have a very reliable shared host, that allows me unlimited sites

Good choice (although it may be great to try something new for experience). If your host offers unlimited multi-hosted domains, it shouldn't be a problem using the shared.

Comment

Shared hosting is cheaper! But the advantage of a reseller account is just that: you can get paid to host other people's site. The only reseller account that I've tried let me down, the provider lost all the data in my sub accounts...
            Free Directory Submissions | Write For Us (free)

Comment

Originally posted by sharkee
              Shared hosting is cheaper! But the advantage of a reseller account is just that: you can get paid to host other people's site. The only reseller account that I've tried let me down, the provider lost all the data in my sub accounts...
              If you are interested in selling then yes it is obviously better. But for someone like me who just needs alot of space and bandwith for your sites, then that is not something you are looking at
              Peter J. Foti

Comment

hey domainer50 which host are you using for your account and does it accepts paypal unverified.
                DON'T LEARN TO HACK,HACK TO LEARN

My Personal Site
                My BLOG

Comment

My Opinion is that if you have the integrity and perseverance of running your own host, you should give reseller a shot. It may cost more, but its worth it.

If you just want to host multiple domains on one account, i suggest using Shared Hosting and just placing them as add-on domains.
                  Most Web Hosts allow add-on domains.

Comment

ok i have been reserller since 2 years in manashosting .You can go for this company reseller pcakge.Its really good service they are providing

Comment

I see no problems, go to reseller account with your company. I have started from shared web hosting from Ahosting.biz and then move to reselling. Nice experince I have got.

Comment

I'm also reseller of manashosting.I took unlimited reseller for 25,000/- and it working fine.If anybody wants to go for reseller please visit www.manashosting.com

Comment

Well it really depends on your needs, but I would just go with shared hosting for practicality.
                          WOW Gold

Comment

You can get many hosting provider through Google depending upon your Requirement and budget go through them and select one will be good for you
                            Last edited by lyen125; 06-24-2014, 05:59 AM.
                            http://www.ideastackhosting.com/vps.html

Comment

Shared and reseller would probably be on the same server so there's no difference in speed of your website. The difference is that reseller hosting allows you to create shared hosting accounts under your reseller account for others to use.
                              GreenHostBox - Affordable & Reliable Hosting

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                              1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                              Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                              Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                              Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                              2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                              See more
                              See less
                              Working...
                              X