Do you trust Free Hosts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you trust Free Hosts?

I kinda dont trust free hosts upto most of the free hosts.
    Free hosts often want ads and mostly those who dont ask to show ads also, are often down and are not fast.
    Paid hosts are often reliable!

Re: Do you trust Free Hosts?

Nope, never trusted them.

Comment

Well there ARE good free hosts. The problem is, once everyone finds out about them, they start overusing their resources, and your hosting quality suffers as a result.

There is a saying "you get what you pay for". This is especially true in the web hosting industry. If you think about an example similar to this:

Client- hosting issues, hosting goes down and you need support.

hosting firm- sorry, im not waking up at 2am to fix something that you're getting for free anyway.

Client- I just lost $1000's in sales because of downtime.

hosting firm: what did you expect?
      now its not usually as blunt as this, but there is some truth to it.

If ever i was to need hosting, i would pay for it. Even if it was the companies cheapest package. Atleast I know that somewhere, someone cares about my business.
      o|Intec Networks Hosting Solutions
      o| ITHost.ca - 1-877-ITHost-1
      o| cPanel Shared // Dedicated Linux // WHM Resellers // Domains
      o| 100% Uptime -
      View

Comment

To an extent. You have to go with at least a well known one, otherwise they're likely to just take your information and go sell it or something.

Comment

I wouldn't trust a free host with important data, end of.

However, I would trust a free hosting company with normal data to an extent, but no, I don't think I could fully trust a free hosting company.

Nearly every one out there has a hidden clause behind it.
          Daily Domainer Newsletter - FREE daily domainer secrets, domainer tips and domain appraisals!

Comment

Never trust free web hosts, except big companies like yahoo and google. I know, many service providers are providing crazy packets like 5 gigs size and 100 gb BW and unlimited all with cpanel and fantastico. Those companies are usually getting first traffic to their site. They won't rule the hosting long. What do they win from hosting paid hosting package with free? There are also a lot of falling projects. You cant trust anything else, except the big companies, which offers very bad packages.

Comment

I trust free hosts which expect something in return. Example: Forum Activity.

I dont trust 100% free hosts

Comment

Well, I was in e10host.com It is a such of nice and incredible hosting for posting. The problem it is, that it is a big LIE. Every 2 month they null server and say: "Conflict happened" or something like that. I was 6 month with them and made a lot of posts. They always closed the service and opened again. They didn't have resources to keep it up free, so they had to close it every 2 monthes. I lost a lot of important files with them. Never trust free host.

Comment

I would go with paid web hosting companies, I wouldn't trust web hosts like E10HOST, they offered free resellers, but I decided I would buy my own reseller. Then I know my web hosting company would stay in business.
                  Tronix Web Hosting | Free cPanel Web Hosting, No Ads!

Comment

no not really.. depends on if i know them for a while or not and reliable? trustworthy(established site that has been around for while?)

Comment

Zben you are right, and you have the right attitude. I wish, that I had done same as you, but well, I was thinking, that free it is always better. Yes, I was a bit acquisitive. I shouldn't have done that. But but.. as somebody said, what should have we expected from free hosting company. The best way to get hosting, is to buy it. Once I have noticed it these days.

Comment

i trut some free hosting but not all. My other last hosting i had i uploaded a Forum with 100 members online. The hosting got jealous or something whet into my ftp server and deleted the folders.

Comment

only godaddy.
                          Redz SEO Blog | WebmasterEarth | GlobalPussyCat | Mvzr

Comment

Hmm.
                            I got a Free host with this packages:
                            Web Space: 5GB
                            Bandwith: 50GB
                            MySQL Databases: 50
                            Parked Domains: 1
                            Sub-Domains: 100
                            E-Mail Accounts: 500
                            FTP Accounts: 100
                            cPanel 10: Yes
                            Fantastico: Yes
                            FrontPage Extensions: Yes
                            Web-Mail: Yes
                            Forced Ads: No
                            But, Why not accept that FREE hosting ?
                            and, I have a friend that knows him.
                            but. I think I have to maintain the security and have a back-up, to be sure.

Comment

I trust only those Free hosting companies where one can judge that they have a good buisness plan. The currently free hosting company with which I am currently is working so nicely to the extent that It bought another free webhosting company and now both have merged into one. Can you believe that?

It depends on company to company. I have observed that post for host companies work a lot better. They ask atleast something in return. Even a company like Zeeblo.com can go down .. recently they went for almost 3 days down.

But since Now I have earned some money on net that i have decided to shift to paid hosting soon. Atleast I will have mental piece that way. Is siteground.com a good paid hosting by the way?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                              1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                              Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                              Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                              Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                              2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                              See more
                              See less
                              Working...
                              X