1. Default So when do you move to a VPS?

I have always used shared hosting till today. Shared hosting provides all that I need. I never got too many visitors till today. Only a few times, I have seen my site(s) go down because I used too much CPU in a shared hosting plan.

So when do you move to VPS hosting? How much visitors can shared hosting handle after which we need to get a VPS?

You may move your web site to GlobalTap.com as they provide VPS deals on different OSs.
    Which one do you need?
    And what's your budget?

I would say to move right when your funds allow it, since VPS's have a lot better up time, are a lot faster, and give you a lot more freedom, since you can install any panel you want for example.

I you move based on the finances rather than the performance of the sight!! Atleast thry to minimise the risk of losing money

Reliability and speed of access are extremely important and can advise you Serverpoint.com - full redundancy and high network performance. They host all their virtual servers in their enterprise level dedicated servers, powered by RAID storage devices, multiple core CPUs and tons of RAM.