Default difference between Linux and Windows hosting

can someone tell me the difference between Linux and Windows hosting.
    i only use linux hosting right now and maybe plan to try windows hosting.

There isn't a huge difference. The major difference is the interface and installation/operation area. A Windows server and Linux will still provide you with ALL the needs of a web server. The differences are only shown on the administrator end.

As for the type of software used for hosting, THAT may be different. I'm not 100% sure. I've used windows hosting once and it seemed straight forward.

1. Windows hosting charges more than the Linux hosting services on a very obvious level because Microsoft does not releases the windows server operating system free.
    2. Windows system have more overhead than Linux server and thus consumes more server on their resources as compared to Linux server.
    3. Linux web hosting runs on the languages of Perl and php whereas the windows supports the asp.net or MySQL languages into it.This is only the main disadvantage that is associated with Linux web hosting service that it does not support the Microsoft technologies into it.

79-The Broadway West Ealing, Greater London W13 9BP United Kingdom

i also use linux hosting.

Linux and Windows are two different types of operating systems. Linux is more secure and more efficient than Windows. Linux also has more of the features web designers expect, so unless you have websites which need specific Windows applications, Linux is preferred choice.
    Windows applications which require a Windows server:
    ASP.NET
    MSSQL
    MS Access
    Visual Basic development
    Remote Desktop (dedicated servers only)

One other difference is that Linux files are case-sensitive and Windows files are not.
    Example:
    On a Linux server, home.html and Home.html are different names.
    On a Windows server, home.html, Home.html, and HOME.HTML are the same name.

Use windows hosting service if you have website or application to be hosted is based on microsoft softwares and products. Windows hosting is apt to host ASP.net applications or websites, Remote Database and others. Also windows hosting is expensive compared to linux hosting so choose windows hosting if necessary.

The main difference is the interface and the installation area. Other things include the cost, windows is more expensive than Linux hosting services.