Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

• McAfee : This was suppose to be the king. However not that well in performing. The detection rate was very good, but not excellent.
    • Windows Defender: Basically if you don’t use internet a lot and download files, you need only this. Easy on system resources and easy to manage. One of the simplest program to master.
    • ESET : This might upset ESET fan boys, however I must say that ESET is not on the same level as Bit defender, Kaspersky or Norton in detection. But easy update and very low resource usage tends me to use this program.
    • Panda : This one is a toughie. I like the functionality but hate it’s interface.
    • Trend micro :Once in par with Norton, but not any more. Trend micro offers relatively good protection.
    • Quick heal: The Indian contribution. Famous in India, but do not provide enough protection.
    • Bull Guard & G-Data: Both felt awfully similar in detection.
    • Vipre: Once almost got close to being best. But don’t know the current status.
    • Malware bytes, Hitman Pro & Super antispyware: Supplement package for security. Added malware database to detect ad remove.
    • Zemana: This one prevents keystrokes being stolen/ tracked.
    • SmadAV : Relatively unknown, detects a variety of small viruses and malware. You might be thinking why I included it here then? Well this small software can detect many samples that best of the best antivirus won’t detect, even the free version is a peach. Use it as a supplement to your system’s security.
    Last edited by Ryan Harris; 04-18-2019 at 05:53 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7