Default Importance of SEO Simplified

I am not a tech geek like most of you guys out here. Since everybody at work is always talking about this SEO stuff, I would like to request someone in this forum to explain to me what SEO is really about. For an ordinary man like me, what is the simplest and most logical explanation of what SEO really is? I am assuming that it is really very important since a lot of my colleagues even spend hundreds of dollars on it on a monthly basis. What are the services under it? Please help me out on this urgent matter.

2. Default

Here is simple and logical explanation that you requested:
    You made great website, and no one knows about it. You start working on SEO for your site, and one year later, you are first on google results, and numbers of visitors on your site is more than you can handle.
    vps hosting-My vps hosting choice

SEO is Search engine optimization and is the process you use in getting your site to place well on search results

SEO- Search Engine Optimisation- all about methodologies, strategies, and tactics for increasing the number of visitors on your website. Mainly it is all about increasing the traffic that may lead to conversion. It is done by the use of both off page as well as on page SEO- putting your business on the top of the google or the other search engine list.

You need to know what your customers would type into Google, and then you want to build a list of target keywords. Finding the best keywords to rank for is arguably the most important thing you'll need to do in order to be successful with your SEO strategy.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brendoncastello View Post
    I am not a tech geek like most of you guys out here. Since everybody at work is always talking about this SEO stuff, I would like to request someone in this forum to explain to me what SEO is really about. For an ordinary man like me, what is the simplest and most logical explanation of what SEO really is? I am assuming that it is really very important since a lot of my colleagues even spend hundreds of dollars on it on a monthly basis. What are the services under it? Please help me out on this urgent matter.
    It is an indirect way of asking what is SEO?
    If it was that urgent, you could have simply googled it