Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: Why are we still using HTML?
02-24-2011, 05:57 AM #1
Why are we still using HTML?
Hi dear all friends !
I haven't done much with Flash to date because I specialize in low-cost, brochure-style websites. However, Adobe is currently saying that 98% of internet users can now view Flash websites. Flash is now search engine friendly - completely parsable by Google if I understand correctly. Is there a reason to keep making HTML websites? Is it time for us all to switch to Flash for prettier, more functional design options? What are the pros and cons?
03-10-2011, 23:39 PM #2
03-05-2015, 01:51 AM #3
Because html sites are easy to load than the flash.
05-18-2015, 08:29 AM #4
yes HTML site is good for SEO and this site easy to load
12-20-2016, 08:06 AM #5
Great post thanq....
01-04-2017, 07:37 AM #6
- Easy to learn compared to other languages.
- Well-interpreted by browsers.
- HTML Parsers are forgiving. If an element fails to parse it doesn’t break the entire document. (Does not apply to XHTML)
- Light-weight. High signal to noise ratio compared to other forms of communication.
- Has a vast (and expanding) array of structural and aesthetic elements that can infer meaning and presentation.
- Free. No license fees. DRM Free.
- An Open Standard. Transparent.
- Widely used, hugely popular.
- Multiple languages supported.
- Can go anywhere a browser can go: Multiple platforms supported
- Requires a browser to interpret it correctly.
- Open to author interpretation, therefore authors are the weakest link in the communication chain.
- Technical progress has been slow, limited by the Standards Bodies, Authors and the tardiest browser to update. (This is improving though!)
- The HTML Lexicon is set in American English. Requires extra interpretation by non-English authors.
- Being a Declarative Language, it has limited functional prowess compared to Functional Languages.
By nazia in forum ProgrammingReplies: 5Last Post: 03-08-2017, 05:10 AM
By modric in forum Website Design TutorialsReplies: 7Last Post: 03-18-2013, 02:26 AM
By robineparera in forum SEO ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 06-04-2010, 07:14 AM
By Nully in forum Web Hosting TutorialsReplies: 4Last Post: 04-03-2008, 15:48 PM
By Pink Misfit in forum Website Design ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 10-01-2007, 06:20 AM