Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by WHUK View Post
    If you are looking to start a E-commerce and Wordpress website, then I will suggest you to opt for Unix Hosting plan rather than Windows. Control panel compatible with Unix is cPanel and with Windows is Plesk or DotNet Panel (DNP). Auto-installers like Fantastico, Softaculous or Installatron isn't compatible with Plesk or DNP. It can be installed easily in cPanel.

You can install various E-commerce or CMS applications from those auto-installers in Linux whereas in Windows, they have to be installed manually.
    Your answers are very correct, I also have comments like you.
    Last edited by vipno90; 03-05-2017 at 03:02 AM.

Unix or windows? It depends on need. Both are good but for me unix is best.

Thanks for sharing your valuable thought with us.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltim View Post
    Thanks for sharing your valuable thought with us.
    Welcome!

For simple website you can use unix is the better <a href="https://cnsfest.in/2018/04/madhya-pradesh-merit-list-civil-judge-main-2018-mphc-civil-judge-result/">platform</a>.

6. Default

Linux and Windows are two different types of operating systems. Linux is the most popular operating system for web servers. Since Linux-based hosting is more popular, it has more of the features web designers expect. So unless you have websites which need specific Windows applications, Linux is the preferred choice.

Website hosting there are two main types of operating system namely: UNIX and Windows. There are many different versions of UNIX. The most popular varieties of UNIX are Sun Solaris, GNU/Linux, and MacOS X. And Windows Hosting, ASP NET, MS SQL, MVC.

Unix hosting is based on linux operating system like red hat, centos, debian and Unix hosting is low cost and affordable hosting for open source web coding languages (PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails).

Windows hosting based on Microsoft server os and This hosting cost is very high compare to Unix Hosting. Windows hosting designed for The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site (C#) language. Security is very high in window hosting as per compare to UNIX hosting.
    Managed Data Center and Cloud Hosting Services Provider

I always buy a Linux based hosting server for me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5