Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: WHy yahoo is so cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by feb.25.07
    May be the information on this link will help you.
    http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/privreg.php
    no actualy the link took me to stadard domain registration page which cost not less than $9.. too bad all the cool offers are closed..

Yep, I think that’s correct once you signed up with them the domain name is Nontransferable, and on top of that I bet you after the first year they will charge you about $10 or more to renew.

Well if Yahoo isn't cheap then who is the cheapest in the domain name registration?

We have the debate open once again for all to participate with the links, so that we can check (if its not just a one time promotional offer).

One advantage is that you know Yahoo will still be around next year, in case you have a problem. I've read about registrars that actually failed to register names, then went out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive
    Because you cant transfer out the name and will have to renew your names with them every year. Also they have less features like other popular registrars have..
    Are they allowed to lock you in so you can't go somewhere else?

I don't remember reading that when I registered two names there. But then, they weren't domains I think I would sell. But I am surprised they are allowed to do that. A contract that said you had to stay for a certain number of years is one thing, but it's hard to believe that 'never' would be legal.

Yahoo domains are OK, only if you want it to be simple, it does not have a lot of option as GoDaddy has.

its not depending on yahoo its all about the society view on yahoo and anyways never mind that

It's like one step backward, two steps forward. It's a marketing strategy. Yahoo can subsidize the first year. It is now trying to penetrate the domain name industry.

Well now is 9.99 again for a .com domain, cant understand why sometiems is 1,99 and next day 9,99 dollars per a .com domain
    TRIBALHOST.NET - Realiable and Cheap Shoutcast Hosting
    50 slots $10 dollars month
    100 slots $20 dollars month

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast