I bought my first domain at yahoo , cost : 2.99 dollars
    now is 1.99 dollars.
    Why yahoo domain bussines is so cheap?

any idea?
    TRIBALHOST.NET - Realiable and Cheap Shoutcast Hosting
    50 slots $10 dollars month
    100 slots $20 dollars month

Default Re: WHy yahoo is so cheap?

Because you cant transfer out the name and will have to renew your names with them every year. Also they have less features like other popular registrars have..

that because they will charge the double the very next year which means you are finally gonna pay the full somaunt some day or the other.

Looks like yahoo domain is reserved to newbies, but price is atractive
    TRIBALHOST.NET - Realiable and Cheap Shoutcast Hosting
    50 slots $10 dollars month
    100 slots $20 dollars month

Yeah, but If you just want it for 1 year... it's a good deal

Yahoo is even good if they allow to transfer out the domain. Thats the only bad thing that you have to always keep the domain with yahoo which can be a pain sometimes.

I like yahoo.. but I haven't regsitered any domain names with them yet. I saw there cheap price and I think that's cool. Soon I'll regsiter a domain form them. I'd tries many domain registrars and I'll try yahoo maybe

Quote Originally Posted by infinitomagazine
    I bought my first domain at yahoo , cost : 2.99 dollars
    now is 1.99 dollars.
    Why yahoo domain bussines is so cheap?

any idea?
    As Yahoo has a bigger range of customer it can afford to reduce its prices to get other registrars out of the business. It(yahoo) offers a decent space but a little less features compared to others like Goaddy etc. and at the time of renewal it doen't offer any special discounts to you. So i guess the profit margin they loose at the first istant is made up later down the line.

Unhappy Re: WHy yahoo is so cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by feb.25.07
    As Yahoo has a bigger range of customer it can afford to reduce its prices to get other registrars out of the business. It(yahoo) offers a decent space but a little less features compared to others like Goaddy etc. and at the time of renewal it doen't offer any special discounts to you. So i guess the profit margin they loose at the first istant is made up later down the line.
    can the link be shared for booking domain so cheap on yahoo. i looked into yahoo domain. its now $9.95/yr looks not so cheap now..?

Quote Originally Posted by mainienator
    can the link be shared for booking domain so cheap on yahoo. i looked into yahoo domain. its now $9.95/yr looks not so cheap now..?

May be the information on this link will help you.
    http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/privreg.php

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast