Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default What is DDOS attack?

My site was attacking days ago and another forum aswell
    WHat IS DDOS attack, Im not an expert so i simple explanation will works fine for me

thanks so much
    TRIBALHOST.NET - Realiable and Cheap Shoutcast Hosting
    50 slots $10 dollars month
    100 slots $20 dollars month

Default Re: What is DDOS attack?

Distributed Denial Of Service, the hackers simply overflow your website with special techique which results in your site getting down.

Ok, thanks for the simple answer.
    Now i would like to know hacker tecnics and how to avoid DDOS

For example they do a virus/trojan what is infecting hundreads of computers and flood 1 computer/website.

Regards

In sumary is not possible to avoid DDOS attack, but with firewalls you can contrarest effects and consecuenses right?

The best way to avoid DDOS attacks it is to contact your host, if you are located in datacenter, I would contact technical support of the datacenter. They have responsibility to keep your site running on. I don't personally know how to avoid, but myself I was under ddoss attack from a while and I contacted my host and after one week it ended. I got also mail from my hosting company and they said, that they had contacted FBI technical apartament for abussing their service. I think big datacenters have power, so don't hestitate to contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noner
    The best way to avoid DDOS attacks it is to contact your host, if you are located in datacenter, I would contact technical support of the datacenter. They have responsibility to keep your site running on. I don't personally know how to avoid, but myself I was under ddoss attack from a while and I contacted my host and after one week it ended. I got also mail from my hosting company and they said, that they had contacted FBI technical apartament for abussing their service. I think big datacenters have power, so don't hestitate to contact them.
    I was under DDOS asweel , I thik is a good idea talk with your host provider

I used to visit a site that would get DDOS attacked quite a bit. Someone didn't want the site owner to do well with her business so they made it where her site would always go down. She invested in a system to protect it. I forgot what it was called, but it was something rather expensive.

Now our server is using a custom ip/table configuration , is working pretty well by now, I dont know why people like to attack servers or sites.

it is multiple bot attack. It can cause huge waste of bandwidth and cash as well as high downtime. THere are some protection mechanisms available

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast