Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack is an attempt to make an online service unavailable by overwhelming it with traffic from multiple sources. It can cause a great deal of damage to your infrastructure and loss of uptime...

Distributed Denial Of Service or DDOS is a technique used by hackers which simply overwhelms the website with lots of hits aka. visitors thereby forcing the website to go down due to the overload.

Distributed Denial Of Service, the hackers simply overflow your website with special techique which results in your site getting down.

DDOS attack means Denial of service attack,it is the one type of attack.

Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks are a subclass of denial of service (DoS) attacks. A DDoS attack involves multiple connected online devices, collectively known as a botnet, which are used to overwhelm a target website with fake traffic.

A distributed denial of service attack is malicious attempt to disturb normal traffic of a targeted server, service or network by overwhelming the target or its surrounding infrastructure with a flood of internet traffic.

DDoS is a hosting provider nightmare. So does for a webmaster. If there is a DDoS, tools like Cloudflare helps you deal with it. If I remember correctly, Succuri has some tool for it too.

Other than that, some downtime is almost certain if you are not walled well against DDoS.

The best way to avoid DDOS attacks it is to contact your host, if you are located in datacenter, I would contact technical support of the datacenter. They have responsibility to keep your site running on. I don't personally know how to avoid, but myself I was under ddoss attack from a while and I contacted my host and after one week it ended. I got also mail from my hosting company and they said, that they had contacted FBI technical apartament for abussing their service. I think big datacenters have power, so don't hestitate to contact them.

A Distributed Denial Of Service (DDOS) attack is a malicious attempt to make online service unavailable by overwhelming it with traffic from multiple sources. They targeted a wide variety of important resources and present a major challenge to make sure people can publish and access important information.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4