Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Graphic Design

Default Graphic Design

Graphic design is a creative process—most often involving a client and a designer and usually completed in conjunction with producers of form (i.e., printers, signmakers, etc.)—undertaken in order to convey a specific message (or messages) to a targeted audience. The term "graphic design" can also refer to a number of artistic and professional disciplines that focus on visual communication and presentation. The field as a whole is also often referred to as Visual Communication or Communication Design. Various methods are used to create and combine words, symbols, and images to create a visual representation of ideas and messages. A graphic designer may use a combination of typography, visual arts and page layout techniques to produce the final result. Graphic design often refers to both the process (designing) by which the communication is created and the products (designs) which are generated.
    Common uses of graphic design include identity (logos and branding), publications (magazines, newspapers, and books), advertisements and product packaging. For example, a product package might include a logo or other artwork, organized text and pure design elements such as shapes and color which unify the piece. Composition is one of the most important features of graphic design, especially when using pre-existing materials or diverse elements.

his graphic design glossary contains vocabulary that many designers use on a daily basis and may be confusing to new designers or non-designers who need to communicate with designers. Remember, the following terms are defined as they relate to graphic design and desktop publishing.

Last edited by shauntett25; 07-21-2012 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonerilpaulina View Post
    Graphic design is a creative process—most often involving a client and a designer and usually completed in conjunction with producers of form (i.e., printers, signmakers, etc.)—undertaken in order to convey a specific message (or messages) to a targeted audience. The term "graphic design" can also refer to a number of artistic and professional disciplines that focus on visual communication and presentation. The field as a whole is also often referred to as Visual Communication or Communication Design. Various methods are used to create and combine words, symbols, and images to create a visual representation of ideas and messages. A graphic designer may use a combination of typography, visual arts and page layout techniques to produce the final result. Graphic design often refers to both the process (designing) by which the communication is created and the products (designs) which are generated.
    Common uses of graphic design include identity (logos and branding), publications (magazines, newspapers, and books), advertisements and product packaging. For example, a product package might include a logo or other artwork, organized text and pure design elements such as shapes and color which unify the piece. Composition is one of the most important features of graphic design, especially when using pre-existing materials or diverse elements.
    Graphic design is all about images, color, pattern and theme. It assign to a pursue place of the Visual Arts. It is very beneficial to enhance the service and product information with the help of designing the enchant visual or set of visuals.

Graphic design is the process and art of combining text and graphics and communicating an effective message in the design of logos, graphics, brochures, newsletters, posters, signs, and any other type of visual communication. Today's graphic designers often use desktop publishing software and techniques to achieve their goals.

I am trainee level graphic designer. i want to know that what is graphic design? & what are all the elements of graphic design?. I am always strumbled with choosing correct font for right place & choosing colors, give me some suggestions or tips for overcome from my problem. generally how to design a ad?.

Graphic design is very important, this will create more response, you can take the benefit of the service, and this will give more response on the issue.
    Last edited by Friedrichlincoln; 10-16-2012 at 07:10 AM.

7. Default

Graphic design is the best if we can do it in a proper and simple way to add on our site. Its attracts the visitors and sometimes also increase our web site traffic.

Other than the points enumerated above by other members I would like to point out that other than just the Graphical look of the site, the feel and look of elements that go into web designing should also be considered, for many a times when they are not designed in a feel good factor, visitors tend to get frustrated and just move on,. The elements i'm talking about are:
    Links,Forms,Button behavior,Form validation,Status messages: errors, warnings, confirmations, etc.,Extending the background on larger screens, Base HTML elements,Website emails,Page stretching,Animations: pop-ups, tooltips, transitions, etc.

Really a pleasure to be here and I think graphics made our site so beautiful and unique. Its also has an important role in the sites and nowadays its has so many advanced tools which makes it so unique and powerful.

This is good post keep it going

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast