Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Build a Web Site Now

This is what I've done. I registered at godaddy.com and instead of looking around for another hosting service I just signed up for their hosting service. There may be better deals elsewhere though. I've got to take the time to look.

Quote Originally Posted by jmul7
    I'm currently building a site and have a domain with GoDaddy and still haven't decided on my host. I'm Looking at Hostgator's Hatchling plan.. Is there anything as good as this out there for cheaper or as cheap a price?
    I have two of my domains registered with GoDaddy and both are hosted by SeaGate Hosting . I never had to wait more than a minute or two for things to work out and SeaGate is very reliable. Even their beginner packages are inexpensive and fully functional for under $5 per month.

Check them out and if you decide to go with SeaGate, tell them "the Patrician" sent you.

In my opinion, doing web hosting and registering domain name with the same company is easier to manage when it comes to renewal or when you need help to fix problems which typically will link to your host and domain name.

when I registered my domain I wait 4days and it me surprised

as per my experience you should register your domain and hosting in same account.Changing dns take upto 2 days, which is too late

there are hosting companies which give you a free domain with their hosting package.. even on a basic package...they will set everything ready for you to upload your files to the site and publish.

But they may make it hard for you if you decide to change the hosting company

domain name registering has become an easy process these days. go go for long wait. i think its a better option to register seperately. people also sell the domain names for some bucks online. the primary goal is to have it and let nobody worries how it gets fulfilled.

Question Re: Build a Web Site Now

Quote Originally Posted by top9
    If you are planning to build a web site right away for your domain, it is often easiest to register the domain name with your chosen web host. If you decide to host and register separately you will want to choose a domain registrar with a quick DNS set up time. Usually this process can take as long as two days to get the domain name and web host in sync.
    I starts my web desining from Geocities.yahoo.com now i am a web designer .. in this case nobody help me for designing a web But Now a days i know how to host a domain but dont know how to get a free domain with .COM .NET .ORG .INFO extentions If you Know somthing about this please tell me i am waiting for you Good Reply Nice to meet you have a nice day!

I also began using sites like geocities, freewebs and expresspage. You can only really win free domain names, though =D

I'm currently building a site and have a domain with youngspiders and I'm Looking at Hostgator's Hatchling plan.I also a reseller but i can not beleive upon this.I dont know its downtime as well. Is there anything as good as this out there for cheaper or as cheap a price

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast