Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Beginner to Web development?

Hi guys,
    I've really been wanting to learn how to develop websites lately as I've been doing graphic design for a few years now. From what I've gathered the best place to start is by learning HTML5, CSS and Javascript,Php is this true? If so where do I possibly begin as a beginner with no coding experience other then running basic forums. I' see tons and tons of books, but I don't know which one I should start off with, or is there a site or more preferably videos I could watch? Finally, I would start off learning HTML, then CSS and finally Javascript and so on in that order?

Just really confused on how and where to start, any help is much appreciated. Thank you

You have been told right to learn HTML CSS JS and php but as you said you are graphic designer there are two options. if you want to just design websites then it is a good suggestion that you should learn WordPress and using wordpress you will not have to code anything and website can be made without coding on it. and if you do want to learn coding then select one project in the market and try to make it by yourself. doing this you will learn a lot and if you get stuck in any module or logic search for it on internet. it is the best way to learn programming and designing languages.

WordPress is no doubt an easy platform to start with. However, even if you decide to develop with WordPress you should have basic understanding of HTML, CSS, JS and PHP. First three are essential and all modern web uses these.

To my knowledge WordPress is best platform to startup as a beginner. WordPress is an amazing content management system and a lot of beginners especially in the web developers, web design and all these fields. The web programmers, when they see the WordPress for the very first time, it is an overwhelming situation and a lot of people think that if WordPress can do all the thing and can install the website just within a second why even we are learning HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP. We can just use Word Press all the time without having any coding knowledge.

Well WordPress is the best platform for Web development. You can learn PHP, HTML, CSS and others using YouTube videos, Udemy courses, w3 schools etc.

For Beginner I Would Prefer WordPress Because it is very easy to learn and Implement

Quote Originally Posted by praveenitech View Post
    For Beginner I Would Prefer WordPress Because it is very easy to learn and Implement
    I also like you, I'm learning about wordpress. It's quite interesting.

Codecademy. ...
    HTML Dog's Beginning HTML Guide. ...
    Ruby on Rails Tutorial. ...
    Mozilla Developer Network. ...
    PHP 101 for the Absolute Beginner. ...
    GitHub for Beginners. ...
    Non-Programmer's Tutorial to Python 3. ...
    30 Days to Learn jQuery.

In case you are a complete begineer, you can learn HTML, CSS, and bootstraps form w3schools. Link- https://www.w3schools.com/

10. Default

Once you gain some confidence on your skills, take up some interesting projects. Freelancer, Upwork and Project4hire offer some amazing projects that you can work on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast