I was often advised that videos will help you keep people more on your web page. That will kill the bounce rate efficiently and could boost your SEO.

I think both embedded and self-hosted videos does the same. Since YouTube is from Google, embedding videos on YouTube are not generally discouraged.

Will the SEO Company in the signature recommend using videos in website?

Quote Originally Posted by chawong View Post
    Do you use videos in your website for SEO?

Since the Google Penguin and Panda updates, a lot of SEOs finally have realized that ranking a website in the long term is not just about building a large number of links. It’s also about creating high-quality content that will attract links naturally over time.

I don't think anyone's answering his question the way he's asking. As I'm interested as well, I'll rephrase it:

Does embedding a YouTube video give any SEO benefits to the site it's hosted it? Could Google, having some idea (assuming the user did YouTube right) what the video is about, give greater rank to the pages it is embedded on?

Example:

Page about "pink cats" with a YouTube video about "pink cats" embedded in it. Would the YouTube video help the page rank higher for "pink cats"?

Meta data for images help a page rank, and you know Google and YouTube communicate with each other, so it makes sense to me.

Using videos is for user engagement but i am not able to get in what sense you are asking it in association with SEO?

7. Default

Videos help in increases user-engagement. If the video is uploaded on youtube and that embed code is used in the website, it gives more weightage to that video and helps in ranking of website.

Video increase time to load your webpage, its better to upload image instead