Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Reseller or Shared

What do you guys think is better? I need to be able to host several domains, but i do not own a hosting company. I currently have a shared account but was considering moving to a reseller.

I used to do that along time ago. I had a reseller account just for personal use. You can also look for a shared account with unlimited add-on domains. Either one would probably suite you. If you would like all sites to be under one account, same user and pass, then addons would be perfect. If you want your sites to be more individual and have seperate control panels, passwords, etc. then a reseller is the way to go.
    Bobby B. - Chief Executive Officer, Ultimate Hosting
    Ultimate Hosting - Hosting since 2003! Tired of being a regular reseller? Become a master reseller! PM me today!
    Ultimate Support - Our new support community! Need help?

Depends on many variables. Shared hosting vs. Reseller hosting with the same bandwidth and space will be cheaper on a Shared hosting account. The only real main advantage to having a reseller account is WHM. I wouldn't get a reseller account unless you have quite a few domains to manage.

Hawns-I am no longer considering moving to reseller. After that post you made about Reseller Guru I am no longer going to try and upgrade to a reseller. I have a very reliable shared host, that allows me unlimited sites

Quote Originally Posted by domainer50
    Hawns-I am no longer considering moving to reseller. After that post you made about Reseller Guru I am no longer going to try and upgrade to a reseller. I have a very reliable shared host, that allows me unlimited sites

Good choice (although it may be great to try something new for experience). If your host offers unlimited multi-hosted domains, it shouldn't be a problem using the shared.

Shared hosting is cheaper! But the advantage of a reseller account is just that: you can get paid to host other people's site. The only reseller account that I've tried let me down, the provider lost all the data in my sub accounts...

Quote Originally Posted by sharkee
    Shared hosting is cheaper! But the advantage of a reseller account is just that: you can get paid to host other people's site. The only reseller account that I've tried let me down, the provider lost all the data in my sub accounts...
    If you are interested in selling then yes it is obviously better. But for someone like me who just needs alot of space and bandwith for your sites, then that is not something you are looking at

hey domainer50 which host are you using for your account and does it accepts paypal unverified.
    DON'T LEARN TO HACK,HACK TO LEARN

My Personal Site
    My BLOG

My Opinion is that if you have the integrity and perseverance of running your own host, you should give reseller a shot. It may cost more, but its worth it.

If you just want to host multiple domains on one account, i suggest using Shared Hosting and just placing them as add-on domains.
    Most Web Hosts allow add-on domains.

ok i have been reserller since 2 years in manashosting .You can go for this company reseller pcakge.Its really good service they are providing

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast