Hi,
I am working on a UK based website. There are quite a few legacy issues that have had a negative impact on the rankings of the site. It is already a victim of frequent ranking fluctuations in the Google SERPs. I guess the site might have also been penalized by Google. It also had some URL rewrites that were not redirected appropriately. This impacted its rankings dramatically. The company has many sub domains with links to them. I 301 redirected the deal pages to the homepages. I believe I did the right thing. It might lead to positive results.
I am working on a UK based website. There are quite a few legacy issues that have had a negative impact on the rankings of the site. It is already a victim of frequent ranking fluctuations in the Google SERPs. I guess the site might have also been penalized by Google. It also had some URL rewrites that were not redirected appropriately. This impacted its rankings dramatically. The company has many sub domains with links to them. I 301 redirected the deal pages to the homepages. I believe I did the right thing. It might lead to positive results.