Hi,
After an interesting discussion here at work,
I thought I would pose the question here.
What has been the most difficult book that you have ever read?
Difficult does not mean bad,
I am talking about that book that could had to plow through line by line, a book that you actually needed a dictionary too read, a book that made you push your brain to the absolute limit to read.
For me it was Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. I was in my freshman year in college and had just finished Name of the Rose, after reading the back of the book I thought it would be an interesting read. I greatly enjoyed the book, though I have to admit I started it about 10 times before I was able to finish the whole thing. I had a big dusty unabridged dictionary sitting next to me and was looking up words all the time.
Realistic
After an interesting discussion here at work,
I thought I would pose the question here.
What has been the most difficult book that you have ever read?
Difficult does not mean bad,
I am talking about that book that could had to plow through line by line, a book that you actually needed a dictionary too read, a book that made you push your brain to the absolute limit to read.
For me it was Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. I was in my freshman year in college and had just finished Name of the Rose, after reading the back of the book I thought it would be an interesting read. I greatly enjoyed the book, though I have to admit I started it about 10 times before I was able to finish the whole thing. I had a big dusty unabridged dictionary sitting next to me and was looking up words all the time.
Realistic
Comment