AD MANAGEMENT

Collapse

BEHOSTED

Collapse

How much spam do you get?

Collapse

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How much spam do you get?

    I have one email address that gets 200 spam email each week.

    Is this typical? How much spam email do you get?
    Gifts under $20
    Wii Games

  • #2
    Re: How much spam do you get?

    Too much, any spam message is too much already...

    I have 3 emailaddresses I am actively using. 2 of them are with gmail and one with my ISP's emailservice.
    On my gmail ones I get about 30 spammails (together) each week, but 29 of them are filtered and get into the spamfolder.
    On my ISP's emailaddress, I get 50+ spammails a week which are not filtered out

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How much spam do you get?

      Spam sure is annoying these days! One of my emails gets 230 emails a day average. Can you believe that!

      I have some techniques to combat it these days though.

      I always have a "spam" email that I use for forum signups, sites I _have_ to sign up to but dont want too kinda thing.

      But I do use emails but only use it on valid sites that I wholeheartedly trust that will use my email address correctly.

      In the event I do have to publish my email I'll always post it in a way that humans will understand but spam bots wont.

      For example:-

      info@domain.com - Don't do this!
      info - at - domain -dot- com - Much better

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How much spam do you get?

        I get about 10-40 e-mails a day, depends. I get about 2-10 spam messages a day. Spam really is annoying, that's why I try to add filters to many words which I believe may be with spam e-mails. It does work, if I don't add filters I would get about 10-20 spam messages a day.
        Tronix Web Hosting | Free cPanel Web Hosting, No Ads!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How much spam do you get?

          Hmm.. I get about 70 emails a day, and maybe about 1/6 of that is spam.. a lot of them seem like they're business requests but they are all scams and spam. Even filters don't work.
          This is my biz email account.

          My personal account gets about 200 spam emails per day
          XtraFile.com - XtraUpload 1.1.5 Released! - File Hosting Software

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How much spam do you get?

            I get ~20 mails of my concern
            ~50 newsletters
            ~150 spams.

            Indeed very annoying

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How much spam do you get?

              oh my god.. 200 spams ? man you need to create new email address for junk mails

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How much spam do you get?

                I get around 100 spam mail every day. The first thing I do is delete them and then check my mails.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How much spam do you get?

                  I have a gazillion e-mail addresses... but only my hotmail/gmail accts gets any spam. Which is understandable. FREE accts, haha.
                  Matt
                  www.FilmMusicForum.com -+- www.DomainSeeking.com -+- www.XRAA.com
                  www.2andaHalfMen.com -+- www.PumpPanic.com -+- www.MediumTV.com
                  www.BigLoveForum.com -+- www.WiiBo.com -+- www.EmmSeeMusic.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How much spam do you get?

                    My E-Mail address has two sub address' for other use and they each receive about 5-10 junk/spam mail a day so about 35-70 spam a week. 35's a good week when people forget about me.

                    I agree that there is too much spam out there. It should be stopped.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How much spam do you get?

                      Err. I get about 400-500 Spam Emails about viagra, s3x , etc. on my mails EVERYDAY.
                      thats so annoying.

                      Comment

                      TEXT

                      Collapse

                      160

                      Collapse

                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                      Collapse

                      GOOGLE

                      Collapse

                      Announcement

                      Collapse
                      1 of 2 < >

                      FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

                      Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

                      Signature

                      Board-wide Policies:

                      Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

                      Forum Rules
                      Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

                      Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

                      Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

                      Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

                      The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

                      Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

                      Signatures
                      Signatures may contain up to four lines

                      Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

                      Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

                      Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

                      You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

                      In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.


                      Advertising
                      Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

                      Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

                      No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

                      Please make sure that your post is relevant.


                      More to come soon....
                      2 of 2 < >

                      Advertise at FreeHostForum

                      We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

                      At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

                      For more details:
                      http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

                      More ad spots:
                      http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                      See more
                      See less
                      Working...
                      X