What's the Bible's take on alien existence?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's the Bible's take on alien existence?

    I hope I'm not going to be raising any monsters with this thread.

    To the best of my knowledge, the Christian Church openly rejects the idea of alien existence. According to the Bible, at the beginning there was darkness, then God created the Earth, the creatures and finally the man. Given that it doesn't say anywhere that God might have created other planets and replicated this whole process, they say we are alone in this universe.

    What's your take on this?

    Play nicely please. I bet there are people of other religions here too, and I don't wish to offend anyone. Let's keep it clean!

  • #2
    Does it say he didn't?
    Help for new marketers
    www.for-new-marketers.info/blog
    www.marketingforums.net free to join........

    Comment


    • #3
      People who wrote that can be right for some things.
      But you think for a moment, how absurd sounds that God made human and the animals etc. you can realise that not everything which is written in the Bible is true.
      Of course, there are facts, which we can believe on, but we have to make difference between the truth and the fake real .

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jim Gillum View Post
        Does it say he didn't?
        Originally posted by Gladiator_28 View Post
        People who wrote that can be right for some things.
        But you think for a moment, how absurd sounds that God made human and the animals etc. you can realise that not everything which is written in the Bible is true.
        Of course, there are facts, which we can believe on, but we have to make difference between the truth and the fake real .
        Some people choose to read and interpret the Bible word for word and take it as the absolute truth. They follow a reasoning in the line of "if it's not in the Bible then it doesn't exist".

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't think any religion had any definite idea about existence of aliens.

          But I've heard that most of the religions explain that God came from sky, well to my understanding they must have referred an alien as God.

          Also most of the religion says that God created us and recently discussions are happening across the Globe that our cells may be engineered by Aliens.

          Originally posted by pigpromoter View Post
          I hope I'm not going to be raising any monsters with this thread.

          To the best of my knowledge, the Christian Church openly rejects the idea of alien existence. According to the Bible, at the beginning there was darkness, then God created the Earth, the creatures and finally the man. Given that it doesn't say anywhere that God might have created other planets and replicated this whole process, they say we are alone in this universe.

          What's your take on this?

          Play nicely please. I bet there are people of other religions here too, and I don't wish to offend anyone. Let's keep it clean!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Oppaginger View Post
            I don't think any religion had any definite idea about existence of aliens.

            But I've heard that most of the religions explain that God came from sky, well to my understanding they must have referred an alien as God.

            Also most of the religion says that God created us and recently discussions are happening across the Globe that our cells may be engineered by Aliens.
            I beg to differ. I've had lengthy philosophical debates with a priest a while ago (must have been 10-15 years. I'm old, lol) and he said exactly what I said above -- given that it's nowhere in the Bible, it means it didn't happen and the Earth is the center of the Universe. This argument sounds pretty arrogant in my books but heh, who I am to judge?

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think debates or argument would give you better answer.

              I go with the facts that are happening around us. That too recent day every one started talking more about alien presence.

              If you open youtube, you can find more no. of documentaries about presence aliens.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Oppaginger View Post
                I don't think debates or argument would give you better answer.

                I go with the facts that are happening around us. That too recent day every one started talking more about alien presence.

                If you open youtube, you can find more no. of documentaries about presence aliens.
                Well, the Church has ruled out a lot of scientific arguments since day one, so facts aren't going to be helping a lot here. My initial question was about their take on alien existence -- I know there are plenty of arguments to support it, but what do THEY think about it? Hope I made myself a bit more clear

                Comment


                • #9
                  not sure but i'm sure one day we'll find out.
                  Working capital loans are great for all business owners.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pigpromoter View Post
                    According to the Bible, at the beginning there was darkness, then God created the Earth, the creatures and finally the man. Given that it doesn't say anywhere that God might have created other planets and replicated this whole process, they say we are alone in this universe.

                    What's your take on this?
                    I am with you pigpromoter. It is the reality. Nasa guys are wasting their money by chasing aliens. Did they ever find anything live outside this world?
                    Last edited by dandeedo; 12-20-2014, 05:16 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Science never trust the religion and vice versa, so if they want to try (even they are wasting money), let them. Maybe, this will let them invent for the benefit of humanity in some way, in other way it would be a destruction weapon. We are already living in the edge of atom bombs.

                      Comment

                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                      Collapse

                      Announcement

                      Collapse
                      1 of 2 < >

                      FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

                      Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

                      Signature

                      Board-wide Policies:

                      Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

                      Forum Rules
                      Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

                      Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

                      Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

                      Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

                      The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

                      Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

                      Signatures
                      Signatures may contain up to four lines

                      Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

                      Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

                      Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

                      You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

                      In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.


                      Advertising
                      Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

                      Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

                      No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

                      Please make sure that your post is relevant.


                      More to come soon....
                      2 of 2 < >

                      Advertise at FreeHostForum

                      We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

                      At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

                      For more details:
                      http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

                      More ad spots:
                      http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                      See more
                      See less
                      Working...
                      X