AD MANAGEMENT

Collapse

BEHOSTED

Collapse

Best Ads to Display?

Collapse

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best Ads to Display?

    Hey everyone. For those of you who don't know, I am starting a free host (IsMyWebsite). I'm trying to brainstorm some creative ways to get ads on people's sites that blend in. To get ads that webmasters would be proud to display and visitors would willingly click. Here's some ideas I have so far:

    1) Random Site
    Basically, it's a little box on the page that displays a link to a random website - possibly targeted to have something in common with the source page. Could be a text link or 88*31 button. There might also be a 'Randomize' button to pick another site.

    2) 88*31 Cool Links
    Somewhere between 4 to 6 randomly selected 88*31 image links in a box titled 'Cool Websites' or 'Cool Links' or 'More Great Sites'.

    3) Text Cool Links
    Like above only with text links. Not sure whether it would include descriptions.

    4) Grafitti Wall
    Basically, advertisers would purchase 16*16 pieces of an ad page. When a site was visited, an advertisement wall related to the site would be displayed.

    Can you tell me:

    1) As a site owner, which would you prefer?

    2) As an advertiser, which would you prefer?

    3) Any comments about these possibilities.
    Last edited by azoundria; 04-28-2007, 19:13 PM.
    http://www.ismywebsite.com/ - Free Hosting
    PHP, MySQL, CPanel, FTP, full support, ad control, & more!

  • #2
    Re: Best Ads to Display?

    The ones that giwe you the most $$$ , my logic .

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Best Ads to Display?

      Well good luck finding people who want to use you as their host with that logic...
      Last edited by azoundria; 04-28-2007, 19:13 PM.
      http://www.ismywebsite.com/ - Free Hosting
      PHP, MySQL, CPanel, FTP, full support, ad control, & more!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Best Ads to Display?

        Hey, I would like to advertise my website with you. so if you can send me aprivate message to; noscamsmoneyman@yahoo.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Best Ads to Display?

          I was experimenting with options and produced an example of number 2. Thoughts?

          http://www.ismywebsite.com/ads.php

          Also, is 1 cent per visitor a fair price?
          Last edited by azoundria; 04-28-2007, 19:13 PM.
          http://www.ismywebsite.com/ - Free Hosting
          PHP, MySQL, CPanel, FTP, full support, ad control, & more!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Best Ads to Display?

            There is a website that sells text link ads and also highlights the traffic as well as the alexa rank. guess thats the best one to use for text ads. if anyone comes across something new..please share it here

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Best Ads to Display?

              It seems that there is a lot of people who want text links. However, I'm not sure how to make text links fit in various dimensions (specifically if there is a variety of lengths of text).

              Why is text links preferred over image?
              Last edited by azoundria; 04-28-2007, 19:14 PM.
              http://www.ismywebsite.com/ - Free Hosting
              PHP, MySQL, CPanel, FTP, full support, ad control, & more!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Best Ads to Display?

                Buttons and banners are good. I think text links are not so eye-catching than people think. I think the bigger reason to use text links is to get linkbacks to get higher seo, not to get better advertsing. The bigger ad banners you have the more clicks you are going to get, that's fact.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Best Ads to Display?

                  I would go with banners. They stand out more and you can get really colorful and creative with them.
                  How to Make Money Advertising...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Best Ads to Display?

                    I was playing around with 88*31 buttons and produced some example advertisements. I would like to know opinions of these, if possible.

                    http://www.ismywebsite.com/ads.php

                    88*31 links are commonly used as links to other websites (in link exchanges and such). Therefore, visitors who see 88*31 buttons automatically expect the site to be related or complimentary to the site on which the link appears. There is no expectation that the end service will cost money like there is with banner ads.

                    I know for me at least - and I think there's a lot of people similar - but I tend to do everything in my power to keep my cursor away from banner ads. With 88*31 links there is no such fear.
                    Last edited by azoundria; 04-28-2007, 19:14 PM.
                    http://www.ismywebsite.com/ - Free Hosting
                    PHP, MySQL, CPanel, FTP, full support, ad control, & more!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Best Ads to Display?

                      i would set your keywords and go with adsense. let them place the ads relevant to the site.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Best Ads to Display?

                        So there are still people reading this...

                        I have developed my own advertising system to deliver targeted 88x31 images. The first 1000 users will receive 100 free advertising credits when the site launches.
                        http://www.ismywebsite.com/ - Free Hosting
                        PHP, MySQL, CPanel, FTP, full support, ad control, & more!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Best Ads to Display?

                          Wow very nice and creative idea. If I were to buy adspace. I would buy them as a graffiti wall inbetween intrested and most popular articles/pages, like the ones Pixel2Life displays.


                          The Graffiti wall is a good idea but I wouldnt choose it as there could be better eyecatching ads out there.

                          The best deal is to display ads on top of each page. Make sure to keep them small otherwise I wouldnt even scroll down. :P

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Best Ads to Display?

                            Wow. People still read and reply to this? I thought it would be dead ages ago.

                            As I mentioned, I decided on a system where each ad display consists of 4 88x31 images which link to other websites. Advertisers purchase credits for:
                            5 cents/10 credits
                            45 cents/100 credits
                            $4.00 for 1000 credits
                            $35.00 for 10000 credits
                            $300.00 for 100000 credits

                            Each credit is worth one click or 1000 ad views. Ads can be fully customized on visitors pages and they can decide what type of ads should be displayed in order to provide relevant ads.

                            The system is actually online if you want to try it out:
                            http://join.ismywebsite.com/

                            Although I'm fairly certain this is going to be the final system, I still appreciate any feedback or new ideas.
                            http://www.ismywebsite.com/ - Free Hosting
                            PHP, MySQL, CPanel, FTP, full support, ad control, & more!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Best Ads to Display?

                              hi . there as an advertiser i will prefer text link ads and uinline ads which are the new trend in the ad market with companies like abrite and miva mc starting there inline ads zones it will be good for the advertiser as no click fraud can be done in more way . as an publisher also i will like to have text link ads and inline ads which dont eat away my page space.

                              Comment

                              TEXT

                              Collapse

                              160

                              Collapse

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse

                              GOOGLE

                              Collapse

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              1 of 2 < >

                              FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

                              Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

                              Signature

                              Board-wide Policies:

                              Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

                              Forum Rules
                              Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

                              Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

                              Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

                              Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

                              The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

                              Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

                              Signatures
                              Signatures may contain up to four lines

                              Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

                              Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

                              Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

                              You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

                              In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.


                              Advertising
                              Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

                              Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

                              No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

                              Please make sure that your post is relevant.


                              More to come soon....
                              2 of 2 < >

                              Advertise at FreeHostForum

                              We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

                              At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

                              For more details:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

                              More ad spots:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                              See more
                              See less
                              Working...
                              X