AD MANAGEMENT

Collapse

BEHOSTED

Collapse

Social bookmarking

Collapse

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Social bookmarking

    I have very recently discovered social bookmarking and am already seeing a small rise on my sudoku and fernando torres sites.

    At the moment i am using Stumbleupon as it is where i noticed the first visits from social bookmarks came from.

    Does anybody know where i can find some info about its users (age, countries...)?
    From what i've read they only have around 6 million users. could anybody recommend me another such service not necessarily bigger?

    thx
    Mauritius bungalows | Lonely planet Mauritius
    Boutique winery in Israel | free & discreet proxy
    ultimate guide to Tokyo

  • #2
    You can use other social bookmarking services which are as popular as stumbleupon like delicious.com, reddit, diigo, furl, etc. Just google for "list of social bookmarking sites" and you'll find a list of 100s of such sites. They will give you a decent amount of traffic if you submit to such social bookmarking sites.

    Comment


    • #3
      cheers for the tip mate,
      i started doing it a couple of weeks ago.
      the difference is obvious!
      Mauritius bungalows | Lonely planet Mauritius
      Boutique winery in Israel | free & discreet proxy
      ultimate guide to Tokyo

      Comment


      • #4
        Social Bookmarking

        Social bookmarking is a method for Internet users to store, organize, search, and manage bookmarks of web pages on the Internet with the help of metadata.
        Most social bookmark services encourage users to organize their bookmarks with informal tags instead of the traditional browser-based system of folders, although some services feature categories/folders or a combination of folders and tags. They also enable viewing bookmarks associated with a chosen tag, and include information about the number of users who have bookmarked them. Some social bookmarking services also draw inferences from the relationship of tags to create clusters of tags or bookmarks.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think social bookmarking is a good way of promoting your website without paying much for it. Digg is very popular social bookmarking site. I think you will get good traffic from there.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by abhicho
            I think social bookmarking is a good way of promoting your website without paying much for it. Digg is very popular social bookmarking site. I think you will get good traffic from there.

            Ya you are right. Digg is best one and also stumble and squidoo is good social bookmarking site.
            NOC Services |ASP.NET Application Development | Open Source dot Net

            Comment


            • #7
              You might want to check out this free service for bookmarking.


              http://www.socialmarker.com/#

              Comment


              • #8
                Social Bookmarking is really a good tool to gain traffic for your site. For me it's my notebook I saved my favorite site and when I needed them I just log-on to my bookmarks.
                Jennifer Rivera
                When you see a good move, look for a better one.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jennifer84
                  Social Bookmarking is really a good tool to gain traffic for your site. For me it's my notebook I saved my favorite site and when I needed them I just log-on to my bookmarks.
                  This is basically the idea behind these sites, but they have morphed into link generators for many sites.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sunnyvale SEO
                    This is basically the idea behind these sites, but they have morphed into link generators for many sites.
                    I have a doubt, can you clarify it? Social book marking is a regular job or once listed no need to bookmark again???
                    Driver download and Networking tutorial

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sanraj
                      I have a doubt, can you clarify it? Social book marking is a regular job or once listed no need to bookmark again???
                      I do it as regular job. Everytime after update my blog, then I submit it to social bookmarking.

                      You could use socialmarker.com too as Sunnyvale SEO said.
                      $97 value reports are giving to you for FREE? Click here to download

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by didie
                        I do it as regular job. Everytime after update my blog, then I submit it to social bookmarking.

                        You could use socialmarker.com too as Sunnyvale SEO said.
                        It doesn't however do much good for B2B sites... This traffic is curious and bored mostly... But it is great for the affiliate marketer.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I believe Social Bookmarking is one of the easiest ways to get extra traffic and links coming into your blog. Social bookmarking allows Internet users to save and organize bookmarks to a public website, tag them with keywords, share them with others, and browse what others have bookmarked.

                          Digg, Delicious, Mixx, and Digg are just a few of the social bookmarking sites you can use to maximize your exposure.
                          Eliza Paul
                          Best way to Earn Online - Referforex.com
                          My blog: Forex Recommendation | Forex News & Updates

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I use Bookmarking Demon, but for free, onlywire is excellent

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              right now I am using that strategy to promote my site because many people says that it helps to gain more traffic...
                              House plans | House and land | Display homes

                              Comment

                              TEXT

                              Collapse

                              160

                              Collapse

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse

                              GOOGLE

                              Collapse

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              1 of 2 < >

                              FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

                              Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

                              Signature

                              Board-wide Policies:

                              Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

                              Forum Rules
                              Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

                              Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

                              Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

                              Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

                              The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

                              Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

                              Signatures
                              Signatures may contain up to four lines

                              Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

                              Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

                              Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

                              You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

                              In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.


                              Advertising
                              Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

                              Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

                              No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

                              Please make sure that your post is relevant.


                              More to come soon....
                              2 of 2 < >

                              Advertise at FreeHostForum

                              We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

                              At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

                              For more details:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

                              More ad spots:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                              See more
                              See less
                              Working...
                              X