AD MANAGEMENT

Collapse

BEHOSTED

Collapse

myBB is better than phpBB and SMF ?

Collapse

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • myBB is better than phpBB and SMF ?

    I have seen in many forums people say myBB is great and lot better than phpBB and SMF as a free forum script. I don't see how it would be better than phpBB and SMF since both of them have more mods and themes and developed to longer. share your opinion about this.

  • #2
    i found SMF as kewl. as it has alot of mods and themes, smf 2.0 beta is great product in free world i think.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have used SMF for a long time and happy with it. It used to had problems like lack of alive themes but now there are plenty of nice themes around there. But I was told so many times that myBB is better than SMF but I have no idea what are the reasons.

      Comment


      • #4
        I am also using SMF 1.6 currently what I like about SMF is it's easy update. Hassle free upgrade from the ACP. myBB is more like that of VB, it does reflect Vbulletin and has similar features like that of VB, also the looks are similar in some way.
        Google Pagerank Checker - Free Web Game - Anonymous Web Proxy - Web Proxy UK - Youtube Working Proxy - Facebook Working Proxy

        Comment


        • #5
          phpBB3 is best free forum script with lots of features. But personally I think installing a PhpBB module is little tough. Never tried MyBB so can't say about it.
          || Pure SSD Web Hosting -> YagHost.com
          || Web Hosting Tutorials -> LopHost.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes Ravi, The difficult part in phpBB is installing the modification manually, There used to be a mod installer for version 2 Easy Mod, but it was in beta period then, I wonder if they have upgraded it for Olympus and not sure if it supports all the Mod installations.
            Google Pagerank Checker - Free Web Game - Anonymous Web Proxy - Web Proxy UK - Youtube Working Proxy - Facebook Working Proxy

            Comment


            • #7
              I have just converted my forum to mybb as I was gettign lots of spam into my phpbb forum , I dont know abotu SMF but MYBB is much better than phpbb.

              Comment


              • #8
                I have never used myBB before, as my forums run on phpbb3 and I am quite content with it. I have used smf, but it looks far too unprofessional for my tastes.

                Comment


                • #9
                  SMF 2.0 is good, it also have an XHTML pages for mobile users...
                  i like phpbb3 but i really use phpbb2 cause it has a wapMod that is already developed for mobile users... but its sad that "Support for phpBB 2.0.x has ended" and they will drop the phpbb2...
                  and i never use mybb thats why i cant say if its good for those 2 free forum script!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I find SMF and PHPBB3 both great but i prefer to go with PHPBB3 and as for myBB i have never heard of it in my entire life, lol i guess im gonna have to do some research on this so callled good forum software.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I prefer phpBB because it has a very large community of users & developers who can provide support, it has a less restrictive license (GPL).

                      Also, with phpBB you can get "pre-modded" versions of the board (I've also seen a couple mods that include pre-modified files) which appear to be prohibited by the IPB license.

                      If you're looking for an easy installation, might I point out that surpass also has a phpBB installer in cPanel.
                      Demo : free forum

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hope it come handy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I prefer SMF.
                          LG Pop Wallpapers LG Cookie Wallpapers Samsung Wave Wallpapers

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I would choose phpBB because its easy to manage, easy to find free templates and mods. I know it has lot of security problems however the latest version should be good enough to tackle those security issues.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm a SMF user and haven't found a reason to move to phpBB or anyother forum software. Well only problem SMF had was lack of pro looking templetes. But now it seems Good templeate are coming out.

                              Comment

                              TEXT

                              Collapse

                              160

                              Collapse

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse

                              GOOGLE

                              Collapse

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              1 of 2 < >

                              FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

                              Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

                              Signature

                              Board-wide Policies:

                              Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

                              Forum Rules
                              Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

                              Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

                              Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

                              Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

                              The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

                              Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

                              Signatures
                              Signatures may contain up to four lines

                              Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

                              Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

                              Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

                              You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

                              In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.


                              Advertising
                              Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

                              Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

                              No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

                              Please make sure that your post is relevant.


                              More to come soon....
                              2 of 2 < >

                              Advertise at FreeHostForum

                              We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

                              At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

                              For more details:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

                              More ad spots:
                              http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                              See more
                              See less
                              Working...
                              X