Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cPanel License Question

Hi,

I took out a VPS plan which came with a free cPanel licence. I bought it around two weeks ago (Just over), and they set the server up with cPanel. However, it's been a trial licence, and I've been back and forth with a support ticket asking them whats happening, as the license verification says I'm on a 45 day trial.

They say they've purchased it, and for about 10 days I've been asking them for updates, but I'm still on a trial.

I'm not mentioning the company I bought from, I don't want to give them a bad word, but is this normal? Or should I be looking for another provider?

before taking hosting from any providers plz check the reviews on google that will benefit to u,.
    buy vps
    seo hosting

hosting india

Comment

Have you read their reseller hosting features .Maybe there will say if you get only trial licence. When you choose a provider try to find some reviews for them and after decide if you will go with them.
      SnelBit.com - Internet Services!
      Shared Web Hosting | VPS Hosting | | Europe VPS | SSD Dedicated Servers
      Innovation - Professionalism - Dedication | Simple reasons to choose us for being your Hosting Provider!

Comment

I agree that you may have to read the fine print on this one. If you determine that you only get a trial then ask how much it will cost to purchase cPanel. Most providers offer it for free. It does seem that support would have told you that.

I know it is an old thread but vibash makes an important point. Read the reviews before you select a provider. Issues like this crop up everyday in the industry. Select a reputable host that has had longevity in the industry. The market is competitive and hosts pop up and disappear at a rapid rate.
        Hosted solutions since 1998 - Serving Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, LA, and the UK
        JaguarPC.com - Affiliate Program|Managed VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers|Cloud|SSD

Comment

Originally posted by vibesh View Post
          before taking hosting from any providers plz check the reviews on google that will benefit to u,.
          I agree, reviews are good. So you know what you dealing with

Comment

Review are good, as it lets you aware of a company before making purchase. But if they are saying they have bought to the license have you tried to ask cPanel directly - ie check if your ip is in their database, thats a way of finding out, i guess
            Hannah Dury
            Sales Consultant
            Shared HostingVPS HostingCheap Dedicated Servers

Comment

If you want to see the mind blowing article with real facts and figures, this has really tremendous impacts on readers.
              web design company
              cheap web design

free web templates

Comment

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.

Comment

cPanel has a license verification website verify.cpanel.net there you would be able to verify your license status.

Comment

I had a very similar problems a few years ago. I found out that the license was actually paid for and registered.
                    I ran this "/usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt" without the quotes at root on my vps and it fixed the problem!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                    1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                    Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                    Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                    Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                    2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                    http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                    http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                    See more
                    See less
                    Working...
                    X