Collapse

What is VPN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPNs Full form is virtual private network...

Comment

A virtual private network extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network.

Comment

In very simple terms, a VPN connects your PC, smartphone, or tablet to another computer (called a server) somewhere on the internet, and allows you to browse the internet using that computer’s internet connection. So if that server is in a different country, it will appear as if you are coming from that country, and you can potentially access things that you couldn’t normally.

So how does this help you? Good question! You can use a VPN to:
        • Bypass geographic restrictions on websites or streaming audio and video.
        • Watch streaming media like Netflix and Hulu.
        • Protect yourself from snooping on untrustworthy Wi-Fi hotspots.
        • Gain at least some anonymity online by hiding your true location.
        • Protect yourself from being logged while torrenting.

The vast majority of people these days are using VPN for torrenting or bypassing geographic restrictions to watch content in a different country. They are still very useful for protecting yourself while working at a coffee shop, but that’s hardly the primary use anymore.

Comment

A virtual private network or VPN service is the tool that is commonly used these days to protect the privacy of users when surfing the web. They can do this by creating a sort of encrypted tunnel where all the data that you submit on the web can pass through. Because it's encrypted, it will be impossible for people who intercept the data to read and understand it.

The benefit is that it provides the security that the network on which it is based cannot provide. It uses the internet to transport data. Many such networks can be created by using different systems incorporating encryption and other security mechanisms to ensure that only authorized users can access the network and information cannot be intercepted by the others. It is like a tunnel built to transmit data between a network of say an organization and a remote user. It hides your data and IP address.

Comment

Will the use of a VPN service (I use NordVPN) prevent my ISP from seeing the sites accessed from my devices like in ?
            Last edited by jeffryberry; 06-26-2020, 09:37 AM.

Comment

VPN provides a secure interaction with the Internet and also provides access to various sites that are blocked in your region. For example, I use a VPN to get access to Netflix and games that are prohibited in my region. It is very convenient, it also keeps your anonymity and protects against hackers and loss of personal data. It is known that VPN charges a monthly fee for its services and I managed to find the most budgetary option, namely which provides over 5000 servers and Unlimited bandwidth, I advise.
              Last edited by Ullani; 12-11-2020, 15:45 PM.

Comment

How stable does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by georgevally View Post
                  What is VPN?
                  VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. It is a service that encrypts your website traffic and protects your online identity. VPN redirects your connection to the internet through a remote server operated by a VPN provider.

Comment

A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, permits you to make a safe association with another organization over the Internet.

Comment

VPN stands for virtual private network.
                      BPO Services Provider | 360 Digital BPO Solution

Comment

Is it illegal to have a VPN?

Comment

VPN is a Virtual Private Network that creates bridge among the web and user for enhanced security. You can use the VPN to mask your real location or to unlock the content which is not available in your region or country.

Comment

A virtual private network (VPN) gives you online privacy and anonymity by creating a private network from a public internet connection. VPNs mask your internet protocol (IP) address so your online actions are virtually untraceable. Most important, VPN services establish secure and encrypted connections to provide greater privacy than even a secured Wi-Fi hotspot. Surfing the web or transacting on an unsecured Wi-Fi network means you could be exposing your private information and browsing habits. That’s why a virtual private network, better known as a VPN, should be a must for anyone concerned about their online security and privacy.
                            Think about all the times you’ve been on the go, reading emails while in line at the coffee shop, or checking your bank account while waiting at the doctor’s office. Unless you were logged into a private Wi-Fi network that requires a password, any data transmitted during your online session could be vulnerable to eavesdropping by strangers using the same network.
                            The encryption and anonymity that a VPN provides helps protect your online activities: sending emails, shopping online, or paying bills. VPNs also help keep your web browsing anonymous.
                            VPNs essentially create a data tunnel between your local network and an exit node in another location, which could be thousands of miles away, making it seem as if you’re in another place. This benefit allows online freedom, or the ability to access your favorite apps and websites while on the go.
                            Here’s a closer look at how a virtual private network works. VPNs use encryption to scramble data when it’s sent over a Wi-Fi network. Encryption makes the data unreadable. Data security is especially important when using a public Wi-Fi network, because it prevents anyone else on the network from eavesdropping on your internet activity.
                            There’s another side to privacy. Without a VPN, your internet service provider can know your entire browsing history. With a VPN, your search history is hidden. That’s because your web activity will be associated with the VPN server’s IP address, not yours. A VPN service provider may have servers all over the world. That means your search activity could appear to originate at any one of them. Keep in mind, search engines also track your search history, but they’ll associate that information with an IP address that’s not yours. Again, your VPN will keep your online activity private.

I hope this information will be helpful!
                            Mark Wilson

Comment

vpn is a virtual private network. This can help you with a bad connection or if you need to change the IP. For me personally, it was not clear before. I didn't know what vpn is and how to use it. It took a long time to learn the services, but it was easy for my friend. I decided to ask where he is so competently versed in these vpn services. A friend explained to me that he even uses them. I learned about the vpn service in practice. I was shocked and asked for advice on any vpn services. The next day he showed me the site with the best vpn services. Thanks to him, I used one of these vpn services to find out what vpn is and how it works pinpointvpn.com .
                              Last edited by MakakYvonne; 03-07-2021, 12:34 PM.

Comment

AVPS is known as a Virtual Private Network. It summarizes and transfers the internet data over another network.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                                1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                                Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                                Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                                Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                                2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                                http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                                http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                                See more
                                See less
                                Working...
                                X