Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on hosting for a Forum

Hi,

I am looking for hosting space for my forum. I am very new to hosting and don't know too much about it.

My Forum has

400 users; 50 active users, not more than 15 on at a time
    the site has been started 7 weeks ago, to give an idea of how fast it is growing.
    I hope to have several thousand users in the near future.

I currently am running phpbb on 1and1. Just found out that their databases are limited to 100MB. Already, my board is using about 4MB (not a lot, but considering what I want in the future, I know 100MB will be a problem soon).

So, I am looking for a new host. A few questions:

What requirements should I look for?
    When should I look to 'dedicated hosting'?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Re: Questions on hosting for a Forum

What kind of forum software would you like to have?

Comment

For the number of people you have now shared account is a good solution, later may upgrade to a bigger shared account. As far as I get the forum is your hobby and not your business, so shared will let you to keep to the budget.
      One of the professional forum hosting solutions is siteground . Another option is to choose quality shared hosting from someone like accuwebhosting.com or valethosting.com.

Comment

i totally agree with natie .. you can offer a larger account .. its more tempting.

Comment

There are plenty of hosts that will suit your needs for now, however, keep in mind in a shared environment there are oftain CPU/Memory limits. Some hosts have even been known to shut down your account completely.

I wouldnt put more than 100 users at any one time on a shared account. Once you hit the 100 (roughly) mark, you'll need the benefits of a dedicated server.
          o|Intec Networks Hosting Solutions
          o| ITHost.ca - 1-877-ITHost-1
          o| cPanel Shared // Dedicated Linux // WHM Resellers // Domains
          o| 100% Uptime -
          View

Comment

Dreamhost are great for large sites and you get a lot for what you pay.

Comment

A VPS might be a good option: more power than a shared account, but less expensive than a dedicated server.
              The Hosting Team
              cPanel Hosting. Instant activation. Recurring affiliate commissions.
              "That's what the web is for"
              www.thehostingteam.com

Comment

If you have good budget than you must go through dedicated server were you can get huge space which help to run your forum smoothly and with dedicated server you will get help in future if your users and visitor increase that time you don't want to upgrade plan you have advance space with you
                http://www.ideastackhosting.com
                http://www.ideastackhosting.com/vps.html

Comment

thank you!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by arianagrand; 02-24-2016, 23:46 PM.
                  Newspaper Advertising

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
                  1 of 2 < >

FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

Signature

Board-wide Policies:

Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

Forum Rules
                  Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

Signatures
                  Signatures may contain up to four lines

Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.

Advertising
                  Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

Please make sure that your post is relevant.

More to come soon....
                  2 of 2 < >

Advertise at FreeHostForum

We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

For more details:
                  http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

More ad spots:
                  http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
                  See more
                  See less
                  Working...
                  X