AD MANAGEMENT

Collapse

BEHOSTED

Collapse

Gradients

Collapse

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gradients

    Him

    I've been looking for a while now on an articel that can how to use gradients in web design, somelike ******** uses or if you have seen the score box on FSN.

    I just curouis what the process is, anyone have articles or tutorials on gradeints(with photoshop)?

  • #2
    Re: Gradients

    I don't have any tutorials, but I can give you some techniques I use myself.
    First of them is using them as a layer style, it's easy to manage and edit. I prefer using a shape filled with one color and then I use a gradient as my layerstyle on overlay and an opacity of about 40%. This gives you nice (and not too heavy) gradients and they are always the right color

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Gradients

      I use CSS and a gradient image for my background of webpages.

      I got the code from w3schools!

      Here's what I'd do in my body section of the css file.

      body {
      background-image:url('file.jpg');
      background-repeat:repeat-x; //makes it repeat horizontally
      background-color:#FFFFFF; //the bottom colour of the gradient so it blends
      }

      It really is as simple as that!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Gradients

        CSS can format pages beautifully.

        It is worth more than having slow-loading images.

        Gradient can also be done by having a thin long picture. But CSS is an effective way to do it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Gradients

          I also do this. After some time I got bored of a "fixed" background image or just a simple colour and I looked for the code. I got it from w3schools too. I tested it and it seems to work very nice.
          Webmaster Tips & Tricks
          Links for Web Design

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Gradients

            Yes you can use the CSS code. Not only on the page background but also on things like navigation bars and then just put text over it. This way you don't need to make images for your navigation bar.

            My site uses that gradient- www.newtonappleinc.com (don't mean to spam but I thought it would fit into this discussion).

            Comment

            TEXT

            Collapse

            160

            Collapse

            Unconfigured Ad Widget

            Collapse

            GOOGLE

            Collapse

            Announcement

            Collapse
            1 of 2 < >

            FreeHostForum Rules and Guidelines

            Webmaster forum - Web Hosting Forum,Domain Name Forum, Web Design Forum, Travel Forum,World Forum, VPS Forum, Reseller Hosting Forum, Free Hosting Forum

            Signature

            Board-wide Policies:

            Do not post links (ads) in posts or threads in non advertising forums.

            Forum Rules
            Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

            Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or will be banned.

            Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

            Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. Users posting spam will be banned. The words and links will be censored.

            The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.

            Any text links or images contain popups will be removed or changed.

            Signatures
            Signatures may contain up to four lines

            Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

            Font sizes above 3 are not allowed

            Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Freehostforum material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.

            You are allowed ONLY ONE picture(banner) upto 120 pixels in width and 60 pixels in height with a maximum 30kB filesize.

            In combination with a banner/picture you can have ONLY ONE LINE text link.


            Advertising
            Webmaster related advertising is allowed in Webmaster Marketplace section only. Free of charge.

            Shopping related (tangible goods) advertising is allowed in Buy Sell Trade section only. Free of charge.

            No advertising allowed except paid stickies in other sections.

            Please make sure that your post is relevant.


            More to come soon....
            2 of 2 < >

            Advertise at FreeHostForum

            We offer competitive rates and a many kinds of advertising opportunities for both small and large scale campaigns.More and more webmasters find advertising at FreeHostForum.com is a useful way to promote their sites and services. That is why we now have many long-term advertisers.

            At here, we also want to thank you all for your support.

            For more details:
            http://www.freehostforum.com/threads...eHostForum-com

            More ad spots:
            http://www.freehostforum.com/forums/...-FreeHostForum
            See more
            See less
            Working...
            X